6V 250Amp Hour Cells to use or not to use for Car Audio?

I could be wrong but I'm not sure. Read it somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

What are the dimensions of 2 6v batts side by side compared to one 12v?

To do this is there any protection you have to incorporate to avoid over charging?

Bit trying to over complicate it just trying to make sure all bases are covered.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i doubt the current would half... if the voltage is doubled then the current stays the same... its just that the two 6v put together would give me a longer play of 250 amps instead of one battery on its own.... the dimensions of the 6v is like 300(length)x150(thickness)x300 height so its kinda narrow compared to the 12v and also its slightly lighter...

i will run it of an alternator -(fit on a trigger switch that will switch the alternator off and on) but the alternator will also work as designed... will switch off once its charged... ps i have a variable regulator which will be turned all the way down to 12.8V - these batts dont like high voltage and they like a slow charge...

Thanks for all your input Alaskanzx5 B)

Link? I can't seem to find anything??

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yes it would work.

Yes 2 6v 250amp cells in series gives 12v 250amps.

3 parallel sets of 2 6v in series would net 12v and 750amps.

But why? Unless you have a ripping good deal on the 6 volts, it is much easier to just run 3 12v 250amp batteries.

I can see the advantage if the smaller size allows you to run them all lengthwise or something and squeeze in between the box and something.

Besides possible mounting options there is no advantage, and the increased amount of wiring is a disadvantage.

Series you add the voltage, half the capacity. So yes. Each set is 125AH. Total of 375AH. Amperage rating you'd have to find. I think amperage stays the same in series. And has double the capacity in parallel assuming where you are wiring up are the same.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

He is correct in that series keeps the ah and parallel adds to it.

So he would end up with 750 ah of capacity.

As long as you have enough capacity to cover the audio and car and have extra capacity for some overhead they should be fine for your application, the problem can be keeping them fully charged to take advantage of them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived