SQ thoughts.

aculous

I use to have a bunch of reading material tucked on some of these forums somewhere.

Just cant find them on this phone ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I use to have a bunch of reading material tucked on some of these forums somewhere.

Just cant find them on this phone ...

If you find it I am trying to compile a library. I was talking to Keep_Hope_Alive on MAF and he sent over some info but I am looking to put something together. I have about 10 threads with links it in I want to compile with all my home audio stuff too.

Yea, KHA is a cool dude. Much respect

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 months later...

I found this the other day trying to look into what makes an SQ sub for musical applications

http://xtremerevolution.net/what-makes-an-sq-subwoofer/

hah, thats always the case isn't it? I jump down the rabbit hole all the time and I start out looking up what it would take to run active on old school alpine gear and end up trying to figure out how I can build a fission reactor to power my car.

hah, thats always the case isn't it? I jump down the rabbit hole all the time and I start out looking up what it would take to run active on old school alpine gear and end up trying to figure out how I can build a fission reactor to power my car.

I found this the other day trying to look into what makes an SQ sub for musical applications

http://xtremerevolution.net/what-makes-an-sq-subwoofer/

I am thinking very seriously into getting the DEH-80prs and what I know so far is that it is one of the best I would like to know your oppinion on your radio thanks

As for a SQ standpoint for working and learning a ton from KHA its not great for SQ unless u have an external processor. Xover points suck for where u need them. But I also don't have any exp with it just what I've been told.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I am thinking very seriously into getting the DEH-80prs and what I know so far is that it is one of the best I would like to know your oppinion on your radio thanks

It's a good unit. There's a lot of features and a few video tutorials on how to access them. I like it for the active capability because it allows me to find the crossover points I like and set the slope for them. Time alignment, EQ. That's really all I bought it for. To have the extra control to be able to make the sound the way I want it. I'm in no way a SQ person, so I can't attest to its ability to perform in that application. But from what I've gathered, it's far from it. And somewhat agree to that from seeing the way DSP's work and all of the controls they have.

Archived