Buying Rims And Tires From Online Tire Stores And Ebay.

I just got my fed returns back and I'm really close to my rim and tire budget. So I want to get some good rims for a decent price, yet the only problem is I don't know where to buy them from. I've been looking every where from www.wheelsnext.com , www.superbuytires.com,www.DiscoutWheels.com, and eBay. I've never brought anything from the internet that cost this much before, so I want to hear from those who've brought wheels and tires offline. How was the experience? Would you do it again? Who did you use? What steps should I take in buying rims from the internet, so that I can insure that I'm not gonna get screwed out of my money?

The reason why I'm not trying to go to a local shop is because the prices here are ridiculous. For instance one shop I went to wanted $4k for a set of 22' TIS rims without the tires. :blink: I'm trying to do either 24s or 26s for my suburban, and if 22s cost $4 - $6k then I know that the sizes I'm looking for will be way more expensive.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Guest Powered By Hate
I just got my fed returns back and I'm really close to my rim and tire budget. So I want to get some good rims for a decent price, yet the only problem is I don't know where to buy them from. I've been looking every where from www.wheelsnext.com , www.superbuytires.com,www.DiscoutWheels.com, and eBay. I've never brought anything from the internet that cost this much before, so I want to hear from those who've brought wheels and tires offline. How was the experience? Would you do it again? Who did you use? What steps should I take in buying rims from the internet, so that I can insure that I'm not gonna get screwed out of my money?

The reason why I'm not trying to go to a local shop is because the prices here are ridiculous. For instance one shop I went to wanted $4k for a set of 22' TIS rims without the tires. :blink: I'm trying to do either 24s or 26s for my suburban, and if 22s cost $4 - $6k then I know that the sizes I'm looking for will be way more expensive.

Get em from a shop.. then you have someone to blame if there is something wrong. They are gonna hit you with freight (not shipping) FREIGHT! then tires.. they can cut you a deal on tires if you're buying rims and mount+ balance them for you..I once saw a man drop 11k on 28's. So 6k isnt bad for 26's.. but get a good name brand. Alot of companies like american racing have weak chrome that flakes off. Its worth the extra money if you plan on keeping them forever, which you wont.

Get em from a shop.. then you have someone to blame if there is something wrong. They are gonna hit you with freight (not shipping) FREIGHT! then tires.. they can cut you a deal on tires if you're buying rims and mount+ balance them for you..I once saw a man drop 11k on 28's. So 6k isnt bad for 26's.. but get a good name brand. Alot of companies like american racing have weak chrome that flakes off. Its worth the extra money if you plan on keeping them forever, which you wont.

I understand paying $6k for some solid 26s, but what I'm saying is that if I buy locally I would be paying more like $9 -$12k for some 26s. I can do $6k...barely, I just don't want to if I don't have to. I'm not quite sure I follow you on freight, could you shed some more light on that?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

i'd suggest trying to go local bro or drive out a lil bit. i'm trying to get 24s on my expedition and although i can get them for around $2450 shipped online and yeh they offer a warranty but you have to ship them back and that costs. then you have to get them mounted. also i have the tire pressure montoring sensors on mine and i'd have to take them off my stock tires and put them on the new rims and that costs. bottomline my local shop wants around $3000 and i can get lower bringing cash to the table, also they include changing out my sensors, free tire rotation and flat repair as long as i keep the original receipt. so i'm sticking with local

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

4 Wheel parts has there rims and tires buy all the tires and rims they mount and balance them and ship to you for $89 dollars

Hey Aaron,

Have you ever brought rims and/or tires from this site before? I'm trying to hear from those who have brought from online. I want to hear what their experience was like buying rims from an online store as opposed to buying local.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

My last 3 sets of tires and wheels came from wheelsnext.com. They are great.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Hey Aaron,

Have you ever brought rims and/or tires from this site before? I'm trying to hear from those who have brought from online. I want to hear what their experience was like buying rims from an online store as opposed to buying local.

Nope but my neighbor Steve has before hes ordered more then just rims and tires before from them.