garton05 Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 I'm new at reading how to read these. Vented box at 40 hz. VB 2.0VD 4". VI 6.25 1998 Pontiac bonneville SE Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen. Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12 AQ2200 amp Kinetik HC 3800 battery Big 3
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 I'm new at reading how to read these. Vented box at 40 hz. VB 2.0VD 4". VI 6.25 Can you give us a link to where you got those? I think context might help some. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 VB is most likely box volume VD is a t/s term and is the volume of air that the cone will move VI, I have no idea Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 ... VD is a t/s term and is the volume of air that the cone will move .... I kinda wonder if in this case they are referring to vent diameter. Who knows? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 ... VD is a t/s term and is the volume of air that the cone will move .... I kinda wonder if in this case they are referring to vent diameter. Who knows? I wondered the same thing Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Joe X Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 A 2 cubes net box would tune near 40Hz with a 4" port 6 1/4" length so I think that may be it, OP list the sub you are using, it looks like a pretty low excursion 12" that would work on those specs.
garton05 Posted March 15, 2015 Author Report Posted March 15, 2015 1998 Pontiac bonneville SE Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen. Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12 AQ2200 amp Kinetik HC 3800 battery Big 3
garton05 Posted March 15, 2015 Author Report Posted March 15, 2015 Sorry guys I was bizzy yesterday but am trying to find the best vented enclosure for this sub. 1998 Pontiac bonneville SE Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen. Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12 AQ2200 amp Kinetik HC 3800 battery Big 3
aculous Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 wow that's annoying. But at least they gave you the T/S Parameters at the bottom concisely. It looks like it may be Vd = diameter and VL maybe not Vi as in vent length.
CleanSierra Posted March 15, 2015 Report Posted March 15, 2015 VD is vent diameter, as in port diameter. VL(that's an L as in Larry) is vent length, port length. Vb is net volume of the enclosure. Fb is tuning frequency, F3 is rolloff. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.