soundstream15 Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 I reconed my dc lvl 4 m2s to xl upgrades and everything went well. Installed them and went easy for a few days went full tilt yesterday and it made a loud slapping noise, kinda like pooping noise or something, so at a low volume you can hear a rattle type sound, when you turn it up it kinda goes away. If I push one 1 side of the dust cap the noise goes away and it goes back to normal so did I mess reconing with the coil coil not being centered or did my motor shift
Lbox88 Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 Probably not centered perfectly would be my bet. UBL | Build Log
soundstream15 Posted March 26, 2015 Author Report Posted March 26, 2015 I hope that's all it is, the other sub is good.
Lbox88 Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 Has the bad one been dropped or banged around a lot? If not, which I would guess it probably hasn't, then I doubt the magnet would just shift on it's own. It's a lot easier to fuck up a recone than it is to shift the motor. UBL | Build Log
soundstream15 Posted March 26, 2015 Author Report Posted March 26, 2015 I bought the magnet and baskets off a local dude so not sure. I would hope not but you never know
soundstream15 Posted March 26, 2015 Author Report Posted March 26, 2015 Would a sub still work if a motor shifted
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 Coil is slightly shifted, recone didn't go well is all. If the motor shifted... you would know without a doubt. edit: not sure on the slapping noise, but the rubbing sound, pushing on the side of the dustcap and it goes away, and not noticing it at higher volumes all points to coil rub, not shifted motor. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
soundstream15 Posted March 26, 2015 Author Report Posted March 26, 2015 Yeah, gonna order another recone. Shit happens Thanks
audiofanaticz Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 if the top plate, ferrite slugs, and the bottom plate all look inline with each other, its probably the recone.
Bump4life Posted March 26, 2015 Report Posted March 26, 2015 if the motor shifted the sub would not be playing. well it may play but it will scrape every inch of its motion. sounds like a poor recone is all. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.