Sonic Electronix

to me thats just one less step in someone jacking my shit, if they want my amp they're gonna have to work for it, bolted down to the floor. im even thinking of bolting my box down as well. (been robbed twice, paranoid me) 1st time was with no alarm, second dumbass friend left window open. im even thinking of some kind of bike lock for my sub to my box after its bolted down...it may seem excessive but i really dont like losing my stuff i work hard for.

I get what you're saying- but my box barely fits in there and then the amps add so much extra space there's no way to remove the box without removing the amps first. To me it's extra protection- but that's just my install :P

Plus like someone else said- the 500lb or so of sub/box/amp is rediculous- you'd need 4 guys just to carry it.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I'll give whoever takes my 500 pound box/amp/speaker conglomeration a standing ovation if they manage to get it out. :D

Don't under estimate the power of thieves.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Its an honest question! im sure we all have stupid questions to ask right? lol well i know for a fact it is stupid but i wanted someone elses opinion on it.

i honestly dont think its that stupid of a question ive wondered that myself as well just leave the amp inside the box without the cover so its open so the air being pushed by the subs would circulate through the amp but like kingsuv said, the pressure inside the box could potentially cause some failure. im not sure its the best idea but i mean ive never heard anyone who has done it and it gone wrong either so not sure.

I have seen it a number of times(the aftermath) when a thief cant get something they mess everything else up. Seen a number of cars just beat to shit because they couldnt get a head unit out. God I hate thieves

^May they rot in hell. I knew a kid who spent some 15k on his install/car upgrades and the car wasn't worth that much-but he had really good work done. He left it somewhere to get a new turbo put on and overnight they took his whole install and keyed every panel just to mess up his paint. Really irritating.

That's my fear- is that if someone breaks into my car I'll need some recones and my amps refurbished.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

to me thats just one less step in someone jacking my shit, if they want my amp they're gonna have to work for it, bolted down to the floor. im even thinking of bolting my box down as well. (been robbed twice, paranoid me) 1st time was with no alarm, second dumbass friend left window open. im even thinking of some kind of bike lock for my sub to my box after its bolted down...it may seem excessive but i really dont like losing my stuff i work hard for.

Hell yeah i say never screw you amp to your box for if you do just makes it easier to jack you.i didnt have it screwed down like that had it on the back seat yet my dumbass forgot the screwdriver in there so bye bye system took me forever to get all that money to buy that too :angry: ,so i feel this dudes pain.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.