I recently bought a new pickup truck that had been sitting for about 2 years. It was really disgussting on the inside with a bunch of random junk/food and even maggots it seemed in a small section.

After cleaning it thoroughly and using a bunch of different kind of odor deoderants the smell of smoke is still there. Any tips on removing smoke smell?

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Leave the windows down as often as you can and the smell will go away eventually or find a detail shop that has an ozone generator and they can get the smell out for you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ozone generator? gonna go look that up sounds interesting.

Can't believe the previous people left junk food shit to the point maggots and what not, what the hell. If nothing else works pull all interior out, clean the shit out of it, lol, then add sound deadener while you're at it, haha

but yea, I had a 1997 Silverado and taking the interior out is stupid easy, then you can hand wash everything. But I am OCD when it comes to getting what i want out of soemthing, if I didn't want smoke smell....I wouldn't have smoke smell in the end....

Also, I'm sure the smoke had gone through the vents and what not so it will take some time to get it out everytime you turn on Heat/AC

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Leave the windows down as often as you can and the smell will go away eventually or find a detail shop that has an ozone generator and they can get the smell out for you.

Yeah I think it'll go away eventually and yeah O-Zone generators are legit but they are like $600 to even rent one so I can imagine how much it'd cost to have a detailer use it for you lol.

ozone generator? gonna go look that up sounds interesting.

Can't believe the previous people left junk food shit to the point maggots and what not, what the hell. If nothing else works pull all interior out, clean the shit out of it, lol, then add sound deadener while you're at it, haha

but yea, I had a 1997 Silverado and taking the interior out is stupid easy, then you can hand wash everything. But I am OCD when it comes to getting what i want out of soemthing, if I didn't want smoke smell....I wouldn't have smoke smell in the end....

Also, I'm sure the smoke had gone through the vents and what not so it will take some time to get it out everytime you turn on Heat/AC

Yeah I'm thinking about doing that, gonna remove interior and get the Rug Doctor and steam clean the entire interior. Need to replace the cabin air filter as well lol. I've heard some people pouring vinegar down to remove the smell of smoke and when the vinegar dries it no longer smells

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

My mom had her last car done before she sold it because my dad is a smoker and it ran about $150 for a full interior detail and odor removal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What I did to get rid of the smell (cloth seats) is I vacuumed the seats and floor and everywhere with carpet once ecery 2 days. After each section I do a good vacuum, I spray fbreeze on the cloth and do that for the whole car. After about a week, let the windows down and go a 10 minute drive. It's gone for me in about a week

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Spray vinegar on the seats with like a windex bottle and leave the windows up until the smell is stonger than the smoke smell. Then let the car air out for a while. After that clean the seats with carpet cleaner ( I like blue corral with odor eliminator) and get a meguiars odor bomb. It worked for me after I threw up in my car some years back.

Ozone Generator I have a commerical one here in Ohio! Very costly also. Used it one construction jobs when fires occured. Cost me 750.00. I put it in the Commander about once a month to keep it fresh.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I think I might just steam clean seats/headliner and replace carpet. It's only like $120 for a new carpet thats stained already anyways.

I'll keep looking for an Ozone Generator though.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Archived