Second Skin Audio

Soundqubed HDC3 12 break in period ? (not very loud currently)

un plug the remote/bass nob wire. i had an issue with mine and i bought it new.

also use dmm on ac on subwoffer + and - trimals full tilt playing 40 hz tone for 2 sec

this will give u an idea of how much power the amp is outputing

allso i hope those wires in 3rd pic arnt powering the amp u need at least 4 awg. 1/0 would be better

also use dmm on ac on subwoffer + and - trimals full tilt playing 40 hz tone for 2 sec

this will give u an idea of how much power the amp is outputing

This will only guve you an idea of voltage, wattage is a product of both voltage and amperage together.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

throw more power at it!!...I dont believe in break in period what do you think happens in the lanes when its time to bang (after that first voice coil glue heat up and cools down its go time)..His electrical is probably not satisfying that Aq amp....box alignment might now work with the car either...Just rebuild I always build oversized boxes and watch the excursion...I was taught by an old head who swears go big or go home if you have the space.....build to 2.5 cu to be safe...also turn that subsonic down a tad whats 1200watts gonna do to that hdc3 you can drop it a little lower...check the headunit settings as every amp has a input voltage level it likes to work at he may needs a line driver...and if he isnt running one make him get a line driver atleast grab a cheap planet audio ECb20 for around $15-20 at a pawn (make sure it has a bass knob) this will help with the amps output plus that model lets you fully kill the bass (I know its Planet Audio but it gets the job done for cheap Ive been using those for years)

Headunit:

Bass lvl at 0 (if it goes to negatives like -1 -2 and so on... if not push it to 1/3 of the maximum number if its 15 like the old alpines i 10 is safe)

anything 80hz and under on graphic EQ flat

(depends on brand/model) let the headunits sub crossover be full range (so the line driver/crossover can handle it or vice versa depends on brand)

grab a crossover and let it heat the signal up from the headunit I never use amps crossover I always full tilt settings and bypass...

Good luck get back to us with the outcome....Hd3 will shit on kicker

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

I think the issue is he's giving that sub about half the power he should be.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived