Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not sure why my status update was locked earlier or why the only two responses were LOL, but as I said there I'll say here....

8'S in the sail panels, what a pain in the ass but should be worth it

In a 4th gen F-Body this is what your working with, 6.5" cutout for the monsoon system

DSC_0258_zpsotfcyvm9.jpg

I cant find the pics on this computer but after I gutted the car I went back and put the sail panel on and traced the area the speaker grill covers. After taking the panel out again I then took a set of c clamps and began to pry the stamped metal flat as best I could. Next I took a template of the cutout circle for my JL ZR800 and traced that in the area.

I went back and using a dremel reinforced cutting wheel took my time and made the circle

DSC_0254_zpsnlqwex32.jpg

It doesn't appear to be in the way, but I want to get this section in the panel cut just in case it is touching.

DSC_0259_zpss5drsyyu.jpg

As you can see though, the 8" seems like it wanted to be there from the factory.

DSC_0263_zpsc5anpjav.jpg

I'm most likely going to end up using cutting wheels again, though I did ask in another thread what other options I had. For this situation tough I think the wheels may be the best answer. A little more metal bending and sound deadener and this may be just perfect.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

Fuck, when you said sail panel, I was thinking the little panels where the mirror attaches to the door LOL. Hence my reply to your status yesterday. Like how the fuck is he gonna put an 8 there?

They fit good there, man.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Fuck, when you said sail panel, I was thinking the little panels where the mirror attaches to the door LOL. Hence my reply to your status yesterday. Like how the fuck is he gonna put an 8 there?

They fit good there, man.

Exactly what I thought too. I was like damn, a tweeter is a tight fit for many. :)

  • 1 year later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1570 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...