Sundown Audio

Amp back plate rattling.....

magillaru

If the plate is rattling what else in amp vibrating ..its probably taking a beating right in front of box like that ...metal resonate a lot more than wood..those little restiors and caps inside will vibrate to shit and brake in due time.

The back plate rattling won't damage the amp, it's just annoying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

My main concern though, is that I'm going to damage the amp if I continue to let it rattle......

If the plate is rattling what else in amp vibrating ..its probably taking a beating right in front of box like that ...metal resonate a lot more than wood..those little restiors and caps inside will vibrate to shit and brake in due time.

Its a big possibility ....

My 10k was in the very very rear of the vehicle... It would just , rattle some....

WIth yours where its at... ya, id be a lil squishy about it....

I think vibration is 90% death of amps......... IMHO..

The back plate rattling won't damage the amp, it's just annoying.

Depends how "bad" it is.......

I think vibration is the number one killer of boards........ but... maybe im wrong.

The bass is doing way more harm than the rattle of the back plate.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The amp is secure.....it doesn't move or anything but I see what you're saying....honestly, the whole damn truck rattles but I really don't have anywhere else to put it.

Doesn't matter if the amp is secure.

look at what the bass does to the rest of the vehicle, that is happening inside the amp as well.

Archived