Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

the way i see it, you have an amp that is 1000w and can do 1500 (on a good day) when pushed to its limits.

you put that against an amp that can easily do the 1500 with ease because its a 1500 watt amp......of course its going to reach 1500 more efficiently.

also, dont give me that crap about RF amps not lasting long at 1ohm, thats BS, ive been slamming the HELL out of mine for over a year and a half at .7 each with no problem. The navigator i built with the T3000 on 2 dual 2 RE MT 12's is sitting at .5 and has since day one. No problem. JUST LIKE THE SUNDOWN you can run lower impedence but the manufacturer doesnt really want you to. Am i wrong or does sundown ENDORSE running at .5?

again that is what I have read of course it is all in the install and user, the people consistently burning them could be inexperienced. I like both and would run either amp. Sorry if I offended anyone as those were not my intentions.

Edit: Thank you Steve for clearing the stability of the RF amps a below their rated ohm load as you have used many Rockford products and very experienced.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

your not offending me its just i dont like people posting shit that isnt true ;)

who is burning their amps constantly? the few ive heard about were ebay refurbs with no warranty and RF was STILL cool enough to fix them.....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

your not offending me its just i dont like people posting shit that isnt true ;)

who is burning their amps constantly? the few ive heard about were ebay refurbs with no warranty and RF was STILL cool enough to fix them.....

:mellow: Never really thought about that. Of course it could just be novices that don't have the electrical to support massive current draw.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

O so then buying a RF amp is like buying a box of chocolate, "you never know what your gonna get"

I would be very mad if i knew some one who bought say a t1000bd and got "1500" true rms out of it, then i buy one for thge same price and get "1250" out of it. That is BS. Either make an amp that can do 1500 on ever model or dont even make em at all.

Hey man its electronics,

To give you a little info on the example of a T20001BD.

This amp was designed to do 2000 watts at 1 ohm at 12.5 volts. If they don't do it, I believe they get rebuilt or don't leave the factory.

Form RF:

All Power series amps must do rated power at 12.5 volts.

The birth sheets on them range from 2100 watts to 2850 watts at 1 ohm and yes people have recieved that amp with both extremes on thier birth sheets.

on to the ohms deal with that amp I have seen some that say 2000 at 2 ohm and 2250 at 1 ohm.

and to really bust your balls the first year of production on that amp some of them actually produced more power at 2 ohms instead of 1 ohm. LOL

Its electronics.

All info I stated either came from Rockford or birth sheets I have seen. with exception on this part (If they don't do it I believe they get rebuilt or don't leave the factory) that one I really don't know what they do with them.

But as long as the amp does 2000 watts at 1 ohm at 12.5 it is doeing what they said it will do in the specs and it gets shipped.

All that wattage on the birth sheets is just an extra bonus.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I don't think this should be a RF vs Sundown thread- its RF vs every manufacturer from what I understand. I own Memphis 4ks, and I'd really like to know how memphis stacks agaist RF. I dont expect them to be as good, but I would like to know how they perform on the cube since they are literally almost 1/2 the amp the rockford is (footprint wise). I paid about 1/2 as much for my memphis amps as I would spend on RF, I just want to know how the price/performance ratio compares.

I think there are several other popular amps out there that would be good for this challenge- hell, I'd love to throw some Quantum amps in there just to have numbers for a few local guys who think they are really getting 3000 or 4000watts from their 3/4000w amps :rolleyes:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

the way i see it, you have an amp that is 1000w and can do 1500 (on a good day) when pushed to its limits.

you put that against an amp that can easily do the 1500 with ease because its a 1500 watt amp......of course its going to reach 1500 more efficiently. So you have a 1000w amp that might do 1500 vs a 1500w amp that might do 1800.....of course the BIGGER amp is going to not sweat making the 1500 while the smaller one is givin it everything it has to reach the same power. DUHH its a 1000w amp.

also, dont give me that crap about RF amps not lasting long at 1ohm, thats BS, ive been slamming the HELL out of mine for over a year and a half at .7 each with no problem. The navigator i built with the T3000 on 2 dual 2 RE MT 12's is sitting at .5 and has since day one. No problem. JUST LIKE THE SUNDOWN you can run lower impedence but the manufacturer doesnt really want you to. Am i wrong or does sundown ENDORSE running at .5?

Even if you only set up an RF amp for its rated power it still won't come out more efficient. The Sundown 3000d has been tested 80% efficient @ 1ohm and 90% @ 2ohm making above rated power with voltage drop. Show me an RF that will do those kind of #s. As for them taking below 1ohm, didn't even you Meade burn up a T4k trying to run a d1 sub @ 0.5? Ya'll start claiming these amps will run below 1ohm and a flood a followers are gonna start burning up their amps trying it. Even on burps a new T-series RF isn't gonna take 0.5ohm for long before its toast. If you're running one @ 0.5 then good luck. I'll believe it when I see it.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

lol again with the its a 1k amp. as i said before though it wasnt about the output it was about how much power it took to make that power. As stated before everyone wants to claim all those extra RF watts until it comes down to somethign like this then its unfair. I own a RF amp and love it, i just dont see what was unfair about his testing honestly.

anyhow always cool to see new stuff

i thought it was a good test but think of it this way. its reated at 1000 watts so your pushing it to its MAX to get 1500 watts. the sundown is rated at 1500 watts...its not beign pushed to the max to put out that power. a MORE FAIR test would have been against a T15001bd which is rated at 1500 watts....

catching my darift now. it was a good comparison none the less but it could have been more fair

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

p.s yes i know i run RF amps...i would say the same thing if it was another company (alpine, kicker, kenwood ect...)

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Even if you only set up an RF amp for its rated power it still won't come out more efficient. The Sundown 3000d has been tested 80% efficient @ 1ohm and 90% @ 2ohm making above rated power with voltage drop. Show me an RF that will do those kind of #s. As for them taking below 1ohm, didn't even you Meade burn up a T4k trying to run a d1 sub @ 0.5? Ya'll start claiming these amps will run below 1ohm and a flood a followers are gonna start burning up their amps trying it. Even on burps a new T-series RF isn't gonna take 0.5ohm for long before its toast. If you're running one @ 0.5 then good luck. I'll believe it when I see it.

listen, the amp i blew was one of the first four off the production line. For all i know it was the first. I ran it at .35 and it burned after knockin the hell out of it for over 10 minutes. VERY early on, i blew a second T4k for no reason it just went and it was at 1.4 ohms because i was too scared to try .35 again. After it blew at 1.4 i stopped blaming the original problem of running it too low so im not even so sure that was a problem. Rockford realized an issue and made a change to the board and gave me 2 brand new amps and ever since then i have had zero, none not any issues at all at .7 for a year and a half. The navigator i did is at .5 ohms daily and it works great after well over 2 years. Also, i need to look at my birthsheets again i think the RF amps ARE in the 80% efficiency area...and so the fuck what if mine is 80% and yours is 85%, as long as my shit still hits harder then yours. :ph34r:

im gettin ready to get on a plane this subject is getting annoying.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived