krazz619 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 What you got up front? You could swap front to rear install the 4ch and put a nice set of comps up front then save the pro audio My signature says everything. And like I said, I don't wanna spend time installing comps on this car. Coaxials will get me by and be satisfied for the time being. I just wanna get better Coaxials for the front and/or rear. I was thinking if I got the pro's they would be better for the rear, or sound better than my current Pioneers and but them in the front and Pioneers in the rear, and install my amp. 2015 Scion tC DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3 Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials Rockford Fosgate T2D215 Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB
Skullz Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 Pro audio blows if you don't know what your doing and you will spend more money in the long run. Good coaxs and comps take all the guess work out and are plug and play items, the polks i linked earlier are very good speakers that will do everything you want and have a ton of midbass if you prep your doors, and they are half the price of hybrid audio imagines which are some incredible speakers. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Karkov Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 Are pro audio drivers more used in SPL vehicles where people just want loud and clear in minimal speakers to keep up with bass? I'm not saying 100% of course but so many people shy away from pro audio in vehicles. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
krazz619 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 Pro audio blows if you don't know what your doing and you will spend more money in the long run. Good coaxs and comps take all the guess work out and are plug and play items, the polks i linked earlier are very good speakers that will do everything you want and have a ton of midbass if you prep your doors, and they are half the price of hybrid audio imagines which are some incredible speakers. I can see that being a possibility. And those Polks look really nice, except I don't wanna spend that much right now. I'd be down getting 2/4 of the db651's if those are like next best thing..? 2015 Scion tC DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3 Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials Rockford Fosgate T2D215 Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB
john253a Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 You do no not all components speakers have to have the tweeter mounted somewhere speical Most nowdays have the ability to be mounted to the speaker like a 2way the only differance is you spend 10minutes more on the install putting a screw in the crosover to hold it to the door. Or buy some double sided tape or valcro witch will take the install down to the same time as stanard coaxels or 2ways but you'll get a much nicer sounding ride But in all honesty any brand name 2 or 3way will do the Job for rear fill and you'll find decent for $50
krazz619 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 You do no not all components speakers have to have the tweeter mounted somewhere speical Most nowdays have the ability to be mounted to the speaker like a 2way the only differance is you spend 10minutes more on the install putting a screw in the crosover to hold it to the door. Or buy some double sided tape or valcro witch will take the install down to the same time as stanard coaxels or 2ways but you'll get a much nicer sounding ride But in all honesty any brand name 2 or 3way will do the Job for rear fill and you'll find decent for $50 I guess so, my thinking process was, if I got components, I prefer using a amp for them which means redoing all the wiring, no? I'm too lazy to do that lol. Which is why now I am just looking for basic coaxial speakers. I'll probably just go to Walmart and pick up some Pioneer coaxials, similar to the ones I already have and call it a day. *For now* 2015 Scion tC DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3 Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials Rockford Fosgate T2D215 Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB
john253a Posted April 22, 2015 Report Posted April 22, 2015 Off the h/u I've alway had success for pioneer or kenwood as they seem to do the job at low power I have seen kicker ds comps downs as low at $55 a pair I listen to a pair on 40w the other day and was quite supprized how good they sounded for the price And only being rated for 60rms idd assume of a h/u they would work well
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.