Jump to content

New Budget Coaxials


krazz619

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys,

Looking to get some 6.5 Coaxials. No components for now. Currently got some Pioneers a friend sold me up front and stock in rear.

Just looking for some clear, loud, Coaxials for ~100. Just some best bang for buck

I was looking at Kenwood but I don't know. Heard some good and bad about Polk db651s. Any other suggestions?

I do have a 4 channel pioneer amp I can hook up, or might just stay on head unit power.

Thanks ahead of time

Also, quick question, I would probably need a better or second battery if I hook up my 4 channel amp since my lights dim on some notes cause of my sub? Currently got the SQ 750-1 on a HDS212 and only have a interstate battery specified for my car. (2001 Toyota Corolla)

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

Image dynamics ctx 6.5 there lower line have nice speakers and a pretty good price. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22335_Image-Dynamics-CTX-65.html

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Posted

These may by over your budget they'll be very hard to beat by other brands, i have had the MM691's and they were some very nice speakers that did everything well.

It really is tough finding good coax's for a decent price.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14716_Polk-Audio-MM651.html

cross over or...

  • Klippel distortion analyzer?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

I've had the kenwood excelon 6.5's in my 96 powerstroke before on the excelon 450.4 amp and they sounded amazing for 60 bucks on amazon. Amp was about 170 at that time. Was also running the excelon 395 head unit with 6x8 excelon speakers in the rear. Sound then about 2 years ago like the new punch component systems but I also had alot of stinger roadkill and baffles in the truck. Can't go wrong with those for 60 bucks especially with how I beat on them and they never melted down the voice coils

Posted

Have you herd the sq components? There $100 even so in budget,

Talking about Soundqubed right? If so, yah. I just don't wanna do with components right now. I really wanna wait for there pro mids to get back in stock and just get those. So I think that's what I'm gonna do.

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

Looking at what you have already, going pro audio, might be out of your budget, yes the speakers are cheep, but the eq side isn't and getting them to sound good costs even more,

I run comps in everything and most cars I coaxel mount them, just for a clean install behind factory panneling,

I mostly do this because the crossovers are so much better then what comes on coaxel speakers

My weekend truck has pro audio1x8, 2x 6.5 and 1 super tweeter in the dash running off a zxm800.5

Does it get loud yes for 2 doors with no deading no nothing

But it sounds very average and won't win any SQ compertishion

Posted

Looking at what you have already, going pro audio, might be out of your budget, yes the speakers are cheep, but the eq side isn't and getting them to sound good costs even more,

I run comps in everything and most cars I coaxel mount them, just for a clean install behind factory panneling,

I mostly do this because the crossovers are so much better then what comes on coaxel speakers

My weekend truck has pro audio1x8, 2x 6.5 and 1 super tweeter in the dash running off a zxm800.5

Does it get loud yes for 2 doors with no deading no nothing

But it sounds very average and won't win any SQ compertishion

My plan was to get 2 for now of the QP-MR6.5's (Either swap the front or throw in rear) and hook up my Pioneer 4 channel amp I got laying in my room. Just for the time being until I get a different car, then I'll get the tweeters, crossovers, etc.

Essentially, getting stuff now ahead of time, to get prepared for the future. But the stuff for now will sound better than what I currently have is all. And I'm in no need to getting stuff for competitions haha, just want a loud and clean system in my car that I can afford and do myself. :)

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

What you got up front?

You could swap front to rear install the 4ch and put a nice set of comps up front then save the pro audio

The only problem you'll have with only fitting the mids and not the highs is you'll have not so good highs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...