To my Multi-GPU Brethren

Today for the first time in a attempt to trouble shoot some problems I am having with GTA V. I disabled my crossfire so am currently running only a single GPU. First thing I noticed, when UAC, or the thing that opens up asking if I want to give permission to a program. On 1 GPU, it is instant, before on 2 GPU's. There is about a 1-2 second delay before it fully displays. Anyone ever have that? This is my first multiple GPU set up so if this is something that just comes with the territory I am fine with it. Just unusual to me and want to make sure it's not some type of error or something.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

not too sure on crossfire stuff any longer, however I do know that amd has a beta driver out for gtav upon game launch, so you may want to try that if you have not already.

Already did, made a world of difference. It still drives me nuts though how my regular PC response is so different between a single, to multiple GPU's

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 4 weeks later...

I may have missed it somewhere in the older threads but what cards are you running root?

Today for the first time in a attempt to trouble shoot some problems I am having with GTA V. I disabled my crossfire so am currently running only a single GPU. First thing I noticed, when UAC, or the thing that opens up asking if I want to give permission to a program. On 1 GPU, it is instant, before on 2 GPU's. There is about a 1-2 second delay before it fully displays. Anyone ever have that? This is my first multiple GPU set up so if this is something that just comes with the territory I am fine with it. Just unusual to me and want to make sure it's not some type of error or something.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I am running 2 Gigabyte R9 290's

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah, I've had some funny issues across multiple games after I went SLI. freezing, shuttering, lagging, etc. Some games just didn't do a good job supporting multiple gpus, while other games kick ass and run perfectly.

2x gtx 660

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not had an issue with mine. Though I'm running Nvidia, not AMD. That also being said I have UAC disabled for stuff like that. Don't want to be bothered every time I want to run a game

• 2 weeks later...

Archived