Active vs Passive crossover?

Andrew Storlie

what is the difference between active and passive for the mids/highs?

pros and cons of each?

edit: right now im running alpine SPR-60C comp sets in all my doors, they com with built in crosses, should i remove them and power each?

Unless your willing and can afford to lose a few speakers in your learning curve than just use passive crossovers for now.

Going active can and will take a long time to learn and master, the basics are the easy part, getting everything right is the tricky part that can take an incredibly long time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Google must be broken today because there's been a ton of questions today that have been answered a million times before.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Unless your willing and can afford to lose a few speakers in your learning curve than just use passive crossovers for now.

Going active can and will take a long time to learn and master, the basics are the easy part, getting everything right is the tricky part that can take an incredibly long time.

I disagree with this. I'm on my second active front stage. Never had an issue. Just use common sense and you're fine

Archived