DC triple alt bracket issue

Did that with dental floss (all I had laying around) and measured 114.5. The belt that came with the kit was 114.5 outer circumference but doesn't fit. The dental floss is obviously really thin and went deep into the grooves of the pulleys so I think doing it this way only really gave me a measurement of what the inner circumference would need to be, which would be less than outer circumference (accounting for the thickness of the belt) Maybe I should try again with something a little thicker to give me a more accurate idea of what the outer circumference would need to be? Either way, I'm not sure what good it would do since I already know (based on the belts I've already tried) that 115.25 is still too small, 117.5 is too big and no one seems to make anything in between. This is why I'm thinking smaller pulleys may be my only shot at getting the 114.5 OC belt to fit.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

I still think there is something else going On because dc sells a lot of those kits I'm sure they know the right size belts.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I still think there is something else going On because dc sells a lot of those kits I'm sure they know the right size belts.

agreed, they have been selling them for easily 5+ years and would think they would know what fits, since they usually have an engine to work off of for building brackets and getting everything correct for the end user.

if your belt that came with 114.5 and the dental floss you measured with is 114.5, Its probably 114.5 inches

Im sure there is not over 3/4 of an inch difference due to the grooves. I mean sure you could put a 115.5 inch belt on there, and it may work ok, but may not be ideal or have enough tension on the belt tensioner.

Chances are your trying to slip the belt over a grooved pulley which wont ever happen, you need to get the belt on all the grooved pulleys first, than try to slip it over an idler style pulley that has no groves and smooth because the ribless side of the belt goes against it, and it will fit.

dolarbilz, that is not the actual belt number, it is a batch code. You can tell because it says the same number over and over folllowed by a second group of numbers that get bigger.

Belts are made very wide, and then they are cut down the ribs to specific sizes, so this way if there is a defect they can go and narrow out the numbers of the defect.

So your belts batch is 7609K4XA and out of the 100s of ribs on that specific batch your belt has ribs 183, 184, 185, 186, 187. Rib 182 and 188 is where the belt is cut, so the next belt would start at 189-193 if it was another 5 rib. etc.

I agree that DC knows what they are doing and I love their products so not sure why I'm having this issue. Had to put my OEM belt back on and currently running one alt for the time being. Had their dual alt bracket before and had zero issues with the belt or anything whatsoever. Maybe it would help if I posted some pics or a video as confirmation that the belt is routed properly and doesn't fit. Either way, I certainly do appreciate your help.

Still kinda puzzled as to how the belts for the dual and triple brackets could be the same size (per DC as mentioned above). The belt routing is essentially the same except for the two additional pulleys (extra idler pulley on the triple bracket and pulley on 3rd alt). Again, I'm no expert but it seems that the triple bracket would need a longer belt to account for the extra pulleys and this would confirm my issue of having received a belt that is too short.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

I tried slipping the belt over all of the different idler pulleys, not a grooved pulley. I know user error sounds like the most likely scenario here but it's not user error. I'm glad to post up some vids to prove that. I also had an ASE certified mechanic try to get the belt on and he agreed the belt I received is too small

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

I don't know if this helps but when I was looking for a smaller belt I went to the autozone website and typed in the number length followed by the letter "k" and then 6 for the number of ribs. For example, my factory belt was 91.5 inches with 6 ribs so looking for that I typed in 915k6. When I needed the belt to be a 91 inches I typed in 910k6. Autozone had the incorrect info for my belt so I had to research it and go back with the right info because I was in the lot for an hour trying like 15 different sizes one time.

Or go gator back website and get the part number of the length you need and go buy it.. Thats what I did since the idiots in autozone couldn't find a part number or smaller belt.. I then said fuck them and got it from Amazon

• 3 weeks later...

The issue has finally been resolved. DC power sent me 2 smaller pulleys (2 inch diameter) for my 250HD alts. After installing them the belt that came with the bracket still didn't fit but I went to Oriellys and bought the 115.25in OC belt that I previously purchased and returned (because it was too small prior to changing the pulleys on my 250HDs) and it now fits very snug. So at the end of the day it took two smaller pulleys and a slightly larger belt to get it to work....

Thought I'd post this to help anyone else that may run into the same issue.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX