Kyblack76 Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 Or, as kylar said. TA (time alignment), which makes much more sense to me than separate crossover points. I would like to understand your method though? what equipment are you using to find where your roll off is? Phone rta, pink noise. Not the most accurate by any means but not totally off. why would you cut one side over the other???? im lost? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
reedal Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 But TA makes it so the sound reaches the set point at the same time doesn't it? Which is the goal you're seeking? I would think that having separate crossover points for each tweet and mid would change the entire sound you're receiving. Which could be beneficial, and I would love to know the results if you do it, but it doesn't make sense to me to have different sounds coming from different sides SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
SIDE SHOW Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 ^^ this, I don't under stand the whole different freq from each side either.
john253a Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 I use a Lucas arts thx program with a thx cirt 360deg mic for setting this up To do it but ear is impossible without years of training A good start is to know where you want the centre stage to be and measure from there to each speaker. From there you set delay and -db per speaker (I try never to add as this can add distortion) But as far as setting roll off unless your 16band eq is digital I dare say your wasting your time
reedal Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 I use a Lucas arts thx program with a thx cirt 360deg mic for setting this up To do it but ear is impossible without years of training A good start is to know where you want the centre stage to be and measure from there to each speaker. From there you set delay and -db per speaker (I try never to add as this can add distortion) But as far as setting roll off unless your 16band eq is digital I dare say your wasting your time He's using the 80prs' built in 16 band Digital EQ. I use the same HU, so what he wants to do IS possible, I just don't feel like it's going to have the effect he is aiming for. OP, please let us know the results. Hell I might try it myself once I get my speaker pods finished. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.