Sonic Electronix

discussion about a POSSIBLE build, would be done spring of 2016.

the jeep spl project i started fell thru do to the jeep utterly dying. ended up selling all the subs and amps i bought at a small loss, but at least i got some good audio brands out there being used.

so now im working on a new build idea and would like community input.

my VERY first car was a 1993 nissan maxima. had a 24valve 3.0L v6... i had about 600lbs of audio in the back and could still race it. sadly it died at just over 400,000miles on the full original engine and tranny due to jiffy lube fucking up an oil change.

BUT i found a 94 maxima, same everything even color in my area that i plan to buy in about a week.

i want to start planning a BIG system for it, a wall.

i know from b-pillar back im looking about 16/17 cubes total including port.

wondering about basic designs. 4-15s? 2-18? maybe 6-12"

thoughts on brands and power. open to any brands of amps or subs, but also looking for best power/dollar ratio

i would be going for a loud music set up even open to plexiglass wall depending on cost and stiffness (i have a friend that works at a near by custom acrylic place)

open about mids and highs as well but leaning hard for PWX speakers as ive used them before and i know that the cones are SEE THROUGH, so i can add lights behind them.

Pick a better vehicle. One more suited for this

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ive picked this car for a reason and i wont change it.

edit: steve meade did a nice set up in a 91 corolla, no reason i cant put a system in a maxima with some work

lets talk about engine bay here.

3.0l v6. Single alt. Maybe dual alts. MAYBE. If you ditch AC. You might just fit a D3400 in there. If not something smaller.

Sub frame car, salted roads, rusted through the trunk. Do you really wanna throw a couple grand worth of batteries in the trunk?

S10, Ranger, basically any GM RWD truck or SUV.

305/350 trucks/suvs can be had cheap. 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2 GM motors can get 4 alts thrown on them easier than any other vehicle and still have the power to lug around whatever you can throw in them.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

ive already test drive the car, fully free of rust. the trunk will be used for batts, i already know i can fit 2 alts on the engine just fine. i plan to beef up the suspension for it, and i dont mind spending 1000s on a car that means something to me. its not about getting the right car, its about fitting what i can in the car i will have. and for somereason this car doesnt work out, i can transfer the audio to a new car. and ill never drive a truck... suv, car or bike only.

I know you have your heart set on the old nissan but there are far better car/trucks out there for what you want to do.

Like the others have said. Buy a different vehicle just my opinion

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I disagree. I see you want to do this for nostalgic purposes and I say you should go for it. I'm not a master of knowledge across various companies of products so I won't recommend anything.

But I encourage you to go forward with it, my first vehicle was a Mazda something truck lol cant think of the numbers, but yea it would totally be awesome to take a nostalgia trip and trick out your first ever ride now that you have the expendable income -- something many people don't normally have when they're 16/17.

:buttlick:

^Me irl

Archived