2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Shit ... And you all tell me that my Linear / Blues install is expensive ... I'm under 6,000 with the Avalanche.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

15 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Shit ... And you all tell me that my Linear / Blues install is expensive ... I'm under 6,000 with the Avalanche.

Let’s just say it’s a good thing I get the pricing I do on things or I would be drinking more than I already do

21 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I see what you have and I dont give you shit. LP costs money but theres a reason for it 

spacer.png

Engine bay vacuumed out pretty good. Need to lightly wash it by hand with soapy water. I am wanting to paint the engine cover in white and throwing some logo's on it. Brighten up & customizing the engine bay some. Battery cover won't be able to go back on so that big beautiful XS Power battery will be showing off,

spacer.png

I ordered 2 set of car dolly's off amazon. I need to move the interior back into the extra room downstairs. We had a unexpected guest for most of the summer. My wife's 23 yr old homeless meth addict scared a woman to the point she shot hit. Took his spleen out, nicked his kidney. When he healed up he went back to his old ways and i threw him out. I had to protect my 12 yr old stepson. Long story short i have a parts room back to put dolly's on the car to move over so the Lancer can park in the garage again.

spacer.png

Bought this today!!!

spacer.png

$770 dollar battery & Terminals.

spacer.png

I am going copper on all battery terminals. $1250 in battery's for a 2700 watt system. But if i want to upgrade in the future i will have power to upgrade.

I really wanted the 45 ah LimitLess Lithium battery but price was climbing to be $1200 with taxes and that was a bit above what i wanted to spend. And it helps the budget to possible get a Singer Alt this year. Had to pre-order this battery and it won't show until the end of the month. 

As always more  to come! 9 more weeks to shop before my season to shop is over! ha ha so i need to finish buying goodies up quick! 

spacer.png

Removing panels to continue vacuuming out engine bay.  This car has only been worked on by the dealer about three times total. Rack & pinion replacement, water pump failure and something minor.

In those visit's to the dealer the driver door got damaged, engine splash guards lost, and now i am finding loose  and missing bolts.  This car is horribly sandy from years without the splash guards so clean up is necessary at this point, and to go thru the engine bay thoroughly for any other issue's.

spacer.png

Dirty as hell.

spacer.png

better but needs more tlc.

spacer.png

This exhaust manifold heat shield was loose and had one bolt in it. I hate people who work on shit for a living and don't care about putting it back to factory or better.

spacer.png

I want to have it washed by next weekend 

spacer.png

I received rear deck cover the other day. It needs to lay out for a bit to get its shape back. I am happy with it so far though.

spacer.png

Another order. super happy to get the electrical pretty much done. Total to date: $2350.00.

spacer.png

Cleaned extra room today....

spacer.png

To put all the interior parts into while i wash out the engine bay & motor. Pretty much until they are ready to go back in.

spacer.png

And i got the car dolly's under it after i cleaned the garage. Ready to wash it tomorrow.

spacer.png

Prepped garage to wash engine bay this morning.

spacer.png

Protected both side of garage from water splashing off the car.

spacer.png

Scrubbed air box, battery box cover & engine cover.

spacer.png

I spent some time covering electronics & plugs by wrapping them w/ cling wrap and using clear packing tape to seal them off.

spacer.png

After the wash. Most all dirty is gone just need to use some parts cleaner on the block & transmit ion. Then detail everything. Happy with the progress for this weekend. 

spacer.png

Not to many weekends left to work on shit outside. Been a hell of a summer, best i can ever remember. 

spacer.png

This weeks goodies came in. Hard to believe this is $350 worth of equipment.  The 25 amp lithium charger made $240 of it up. Hopefully i get my 25 ah Limitless Lithium battery next week. Running 2 run of 0 awg under the car in loom with these grommets to enter the trunk area. 

spacer.png

I like the battery set up like this so i can keep stock electrical on posts and the car audio on the ring terminals. I ordered the XS Power 575 brass posts to swap the chrome posts out.

I want as much copper and Brass connections as possible.  Only aluminium connections will be the SMD fuse blocks.

Working on getting a order of RCA's figured out. Getting down to the smaller items that still add up.

Archived