BannisterEc Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 Hi After looking for new subs I have deciced to get the DD Redline 715's, problem is I am not sure whether I should get the 2ohm or 4ohm subs?????? I am running the Taramps Hd8000 2ohm version amp. http://www.djstagegear.com/taramps-hd-8000-2-ohm-high-power-amplifier/ I know Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 4 OHMS: 5256W RMS and at 2ohms Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 2 OHMS: 8000W RMS. Would the two 4ohm 715s version be the better choose as it will be better on my electrical and not overpower the subs? I would hopefully buy them today after getting your advice and get them couried to me within the week!!! Thanks for the advice!!!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 If you are planning to get a pair I would get the dual 4 ohm subs and wire them to a 4 ohm load. Why such a big amp for those subs? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BannisterEc Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 There is a second hand set of f series for sale but the guy doesnt want to sell them and there is officially no 815s for sale in Sa. So its pretty my down to the redline series. The supplier recommends the 4ohms but Im abit worried about boxrise and getting even less power to the subs
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 Well considering even at 4 ohms you'll be giving them more than double rated power I wouldn't worry about impedance rise at all. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
_paralyzed_ Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 I'm old school. It just blows me away that you can get power for 10 cents a watt these days.
BannisterEc Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 There is a second hand set of f series for sale but the guy doesnt want to sell them and there is officially no 815s for sale in Sa. So its pretty my down to the redline series. The supplier recommends the 4ohms but Im abit worried about boxrise and getting even less power to the subs
BannisterEc Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 There is a second hand set of f series for sale but the guy doesnt want to sell them and there is officially no 815s for sale in Sa. So its pretty my down to the redline series. The supplier recommends the 4ohms but Im abit worried about boxrise and getting even less power to the subs
BannisterEc Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 There is a second hand set of f series for sale but the guy doesnt want to sell them and there is officially no 815s for sale in Sa. So its pretty my down to the redline series. The supplier recommends the 4ohms but Im abit worried about boxrise and getting the design right
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.