ALL4SPL's 2011 Silverado - IASCA 2016 Truck/Trunk 2 Champion!

Well I am in the 4k clamped class, on my ZV3s I was pulling 3650watts, after rise and voltage drop was down in the low 13s, but that's also keeping my RPMs at 2k. The new box and subs may be very different not sure, but I will have some test results soon.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope its not permitted in my class or it would be installed already.

So I got a dash cam because people drive like morons here, and extra protection for an accident is worth it. This morning I hooked it up and wondered what the video would look like if I had music going a bit louder than normal driving volume and here are the results.

I decided it was time to put some techflex in and a couple more pics of the top ports since I had to take one plug off to poly it again to get the right amount of shine on it.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

The backside of the fuse distribution has a bar connecting all the terminals. Input is on the left, output on the right if that helps.

• 1 month later...
Well the EMFs just didn't like my truck after lots of testing in the new box they just would only play at tuning and I really didn't want to tune at 51Hz. So those subs were sold and I am back to using my ZV3s.

In the new box, the last one shown in this log they were peaking at 55hz, and so the score was down a little. Which led me to go back to the first box you see in this log, however I did love the full stain look of the second one so I decided to redo the black portions of the first box.

I removed all the dark black stain/poly which left it looking black.

36.jpg

Then wiped down the sanded area with mineral spirits and applied one coat of Ebony stain and then wiped off the excess.

37.jpg

Then after a small bit of insomnia at 2am last night I applied the first coat of poly, and then this morning at 7am I smoothed that out with 0000 steel wool and applied the second coat of poly.

38.jpg

39.jpg

I will have to make a new front trim panel once I attach the 2x4 risers and I will probably redo the side panels that are a lighter shade so they closer match the rest of the box.

Archived