Got a little further along...first piece done. I work too slow sometimes, this is taking longer than it should, but sometimes indecision causes me to pause and think about things longer. Oh well, whats a fella to do!

First trim piece...

0812151911_zpsj5faxdq8.jpg

In the car...

0812151914_zpsm1fu5mco.jpg

Does the trim piece sit slightly away from the box? if it does, please throw some led in the gap! Would make it even sicker then it already is

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Does the trim piece sit slightly away from the box? if it does, please throw some led in the gap! Would make it even sicker then it already is

It does and that's the plan. There is an image on the previous page that shows the DC logo I created that will be placed in the opening, with LEDs to highlight it. In the middle of the opening is the back of the sub...thinking of wrapping the back of the sub in white vinyl, DC in black, trim piece in black vinyl.

After building the trim pieces for the sides, I realized I wouldnt be very successful in wrapping a complex shape without creases. So I asked the wife for some sewing support.

She came through with our first ever attempt at upholstering a complex shape.

Today I started to fit and attach the first side.

0813151230_zpsp63bpirz.jpg

Again, I have no idea how to do this so I'm winging it...

0813151231_zpsvyaonm8g.jpg

0813151416_zpsjhgxubuh.jpg

Almost done, still need to stretch and fasten the top curve..

0813151417_zpskjnwzjob.jpg

I would do carpet to give it some it a scheme, plus you already bought it. Im pretty sure if it doesn't come out to your liking then you still have some vinyl to switch it out.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived