Second Skin Audio

Does Cone Area always win?

Carnines

i like to give a little above rated... won't hurt nothing doing less than rated though. Just keep in mind, you will probably want more one day.. at least most of us do.

Just because you have a 3500 watt amp and 3500 watt RMS sub doesn't mean you are actually putting anywhere near 3500 watts to the sub, just something to think about.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

One 3500 would definitely get them going. I had 2 RF T2500-1bdcp's on 2 FI SP4 15" and they wanted even more yet. I love these subs. Got 2 SQ 3500's now but only listened to it set to 0 db track (DD1) so far. Love it!

Making new box with aero ports then let the -10 begin!

I'm waiting for that new box to be built.

ho hum......

dont put 5k to a sp4,..

but, its not a problem, due to the fact you cant come close to that. Youd need a 7k board, wired some what low, and running 14v, to even see that.

even then you wouldnt because of your elect lacking. with 2, 3, or whatever.

3800's here on each, and Term lab clamped 2900 wired at .7dcr/1ohm. Set at -10 And they can get hot. That was a burp also. On a peak.

On music, im sure thats damn near 2/3's of that...

Had a 6500 board on each wired the same, and blew two spider joints, and the cones got hotter than jesus christ doing a blue dart. Still no thermal failure, but.......

Head room is one thing..... just getting loud, and having a reliable daily, ....... the smart way is another

But what do i know.

and, to the point, the ops question,.. no,.. area does not always win.

Look at the canadians up north.... a dozen 10's, and his numbers are not the best.....

. but ill bet you cant sit in it longer than, say the crx over here that has one 18, and does 63's.

again... just my opinion.

There is a dude with 2 18's that stomps my ass with half the power in a walled sedan. on a burp,...... on the meter.

But, to me, it just sounds different. when demoing/playing music......... :unknw:

Archived