Second Skin Audio

ADVICE on how to hit 20Hz hard with my planned setup?

may not be as experienced as u guys or a fiend for competing. But I'm a bass head through and through. And I want to hit every low I can. If that's enough reason for yall.

I was just curious since most of the music that low is edited. I wasn't meaning to imply you shouldn't or anything, just wanted to know your reasoning behind it. If that's the music you have then it's understandable.

All good bro. I may have just sold the jl w7 13 and hd amp for 1800 canadian today. B

Second buddy's sends me paypal money I'm gonna order up an fi 18. Do u think the sp4 with 3000 rms is gonna be sufficient with 4600 watts or should I pay the extra money and get that team 18" with 4000 rms

the SQ sub is rated at 2000 watts and you want to dish out 4600 watts to it,not a good idea. the Fi sp4 is rated at 3000 watts and they seem to love more power. i think you are under estimating the sp4.. when you buy Fi subs you are buying quality

just so you are aware.. the SQ amp does not do rated. even the hifonics amp has better quality internal parts

the SQ sub is rated at 2000 watts and you want to dish out 4600 watts to it,not a good idea. the Fi sp4 is rated at 3000 watts and they seem to love more power. i think you are under estimating the sp4.. when you buy Fi subs you are buying quality

just so you are aware.. the SQ amp does not do rated. even the hifonics amp has better quality internal parts

Thank u for the advice. I am listening to all of it. I will go with fi or team 18. Same shit no? As for amp I'll pm as to what my best options are to avoid cs battle or watever

So hey I still got about a 6"by 20 " gap in my doors I have yet to seal off. Their deaden ed and I have sheet metal and sound damp pro I could use for that remaining section. Or I do have a fuckin aluminum stop sign I could get to length and use that with some locktite gasket sealer then sound damp over that. Thoughts? Do people use weird shit like that to seal doors

The key to playing down low with authority is lots of cone are and lots of power i dont think you'll get very loud that low with one sub and 4k.

You might be able to dig that low but in not sure it will be "with authority"

Here is loud and low, 8 Zv4 18's On 4 ns1's

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 2 weeks later...

If you had a true 4600 RMS or 4000 RMS I would go with a Team sub but they are $200 MORE than a SP4. I love my SP4's. they just do everything IMO.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Really not much to discuss. Biggest single woofer you can get in the biggest box possible tuned low. Done and done. Yeah, multiple woofers would be nice. You ain't got the space for em. As Broke said above me, low and low and hard are tough. You're asking for the moon but got stratosphere limits set on yourself.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I don't see why everybody's giving this guy so much trouble 4000 true Wattswood get there no problem as long as he's got at least a sub they can handle it rmsme personally I would go with a T line and a 15and tonight to 30 Hzwhatever sub you choose it better have a large X max dd sundown spl5000/8000 solox jackhammer ..... If you go ported go as large as you can

Archived