Charging batteries?

Lol thanks for the additional information. I'll be charging them 1 by 1. And im thankful for the swift response. Dude has a ego problem most likely. No need to keep responding when you gave me your answer. But again thanks ALL for the swift and helpful response.

You'll be fine charging the rear as a pair, just pull the fuse and go on your way. The charger will be fine as long as they aren't stone dead

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Awesome i didn't know I could charge em together. Usually takes 2 hr a battery. When i check there resting voltage and they get under 12.5 i try to keep them topped off. I have heard of training your battery to hold higher voltages closer to 13.5v but gotta research on it, unless someone here could shed light. But its good to know I can charge the batts without pulling them out.

Is there something I'm missing about charging these together? What's the difference between letting an alt charge at 13.X/14.X volts or a charger charging them at that voltage? Serious question not being a smart ass!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Yea I understand that so why won't they charge on a ctek charger at once?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Because at best the CTEK is only putting out 3.3A max, which is distributed across all the batts. Your alternator will be ideally putting out a lot more than that and it's for shorter time periods, so with the small charger you're keeping the batts up at that charge voltage for hours and hours on end.

I think it was XS a while back that stated for best charge rate and health, you want about 15A per Group 31 batt.

I'll have to see if I have the paperwork still, but I'm pretty sure when I got my XS D3400, it said do not set a battery charger to higher than a 2.5A charge rate. Something along those lines..

<snip>

If you have a bank of batteries then you can basically take the amperage output available and divide it by the number of batteries. That will give you the basic amperage each battery is going to see during charging, so if you have 6 batteries and the 60amp IntelliSupply then each battery would see around 10amps each. If you had the 1005 charger and a bank of 6 batteries then each battery would only see around 4amps. Optimal charge rate is around 15amps per battery.

Archived