so i have been looking around, maybe didnt look hard enough idk, but i cant seem to find out why with my setup im having a drop.

2004 Silverado

Mechman 370 amp and voltage regulator with guage

big 3

d3400 under hood

d3100 in back

Skar 2500

2 Fi Btl n2 at 1ohm

So my voltage as far as i have read is ok to be set at 15v with these xs and i have had it this way for idk 2 years now and this issue has been this way whole time just asking the question now before i prep for the DC 10k to be put in, the issue is obviously voltage drop at idle its fine with alternator over the 1200 or 1500 rpm whatever it is but from reading other ppls setups to me seems like i should be able to run my setup full tilt without that much voltage drop.

the voltage drop is enough to turn off my headunit so like below 13.5 idk my headunit doesnt like voltage too much lower than stock which is kinda good since it doesnt stay on like below 13 to really damage my stuff.

So i know adding another d3100 id be set but for like 2700w 3 big batts and a 370 seems like alot, i checked my grounds they seem solid and fine its all 1/0 and hydraulic crimped so is there something wrong or does this setup seem like ya i should be dropping that much at idle because i dont want to have this problem when i add my 10k and have to have more batteries than i actually should need, and no i dont plan on running a 10k on just 2 batteries but i would like to know about how many d3100 i should need

oh and system tuned with dd-1 and cc-1 headunit is pioneer DEH-x8500BS

so how should i run my grounds? under the hood the big 3 is run just like so many threads and videos show so at back battery its run from battery to the body, grinded off, so should i drill hole and run that one straight to chassis?

I think a general rule of thumb is 100aH per 1000 watts, but you can't have too much battery so more than that if you can support it

Also never charge batteries at 15 volts not even 14.4, yes you get more watts from the amp but you also reduce the life of the batteries. Unless you are competing set the alternator at 13.8 v for longer battery life

i tuned it with bass knob up and my settings on stereo as i would normally have them since i noticed after tuning per directions any settings i changed on deck afterwards caused clipping and i also dont go all the way to my clipping point, mine clips at 52 i go to 50 since mines a daily and i dont need to be smokin coils, but yes with the 10k i was planing on a d3400 and like 6-8 d3100 with 3 alts, for right now i have the 370amp but i have 2 145amps that i got on a deal so was gonna get the bracket and throw those 2 on, is it ok to be mixing the h/o with the stocks, voltage is voltage right?

Archived