Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Walling off Chevy Astro


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wall it with whatever you want, I walled one with 2 soundstream 15s and the shit slammed.

Posted

Nothing wrong with 2 18"s in a wall, I used to run 2 hdc3 18"s walled before the 8 12s

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

I was thinking the same ... 2 15s in an Astro wall built correctly will rip your freaking head off !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Two 18"s isn't really enough for a wall in my opinion. At least four… but that's my lowly opinion.

Kind of a waste of a van to wall it off only for two 18"s. But there would still be room in the back for activities, so go for it I guess.

There was (im thinking 2010 world finals) a vehicle in the 180 db club with 3 12s ... like a multi time record holder.

Something like a red 40s chevy panel truck ??? I have pics of it somewhere.

Our team has a mini spl msx vehicle that broke 180 db with a pair of 12s ... look up Alexis Hill 2009 USACI world finals run on YouTube.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I guess I was too discouraging. Of course any walled vehicle will pound, and if you've got an astro van and two 18"s, why not wall it?

I was just thinking that you could fit so much more in there. I was thinking too big!

Do it up! Have fun! Post pics...

Posted

I guess I was too discouraging. Of course any walled vehicle will pound, and if you've got an astro van and two 18"s, why not wall it?

I was just thinking that you could fit so much more in there. I was thinking too big!

Do it up! Have fun! Post pics...

because lots of equipment = lots of money

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.



EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Posted

If I had an Astro (there is one in our wrecker bone yard) to build for numbers ... I wouldn't wall it.

Now if I wanted a ground pounder ... maybe

But if I had that kind of cash I'd be going for a folded horn ...

But then again, that's just me.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2967 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...