Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Looking to get low.


Inetba

Recommended Posts

Posted

I found a basic calculator (very basic) and it seems the bigger the box, the lower the F3. So with a 7 cubic foot box, that would lower the f3 to 24 hz. Isn't a 7 cubic foot box too big for a single 18 though?

Posted

Truth be told I wouldn't worry about f3 in box tuning calculators. Once you put it in the vehicle that goes out the window

For example... On paper my tuning is 26. Shouldn't be able to play below 23-24

But I can play 20 without much issue

Posted

Subs with 10" spiders will allow for more cone movement and mechanical clearance. Things like Fi SP4s, sundown zv4s

Posted

SnowDrifter, that video with the microfiber towel was INCREDIBLE. I've never seen anything like that!

Posted

Haha thanks man. You'll get a kick out of this then

Same songs, team mate's car

Posted

You can actually see on the second song when it hits tuning because it looks like the subs aren't moving! Incredible.

You guys are causing me so much conflict! I've always wanted a ground pounder build and typically they're lots of cone area with lots of power.

I always thought 18s were the easiest way to achieve this, but that last video was just nuts!

Posted

You can actually see on the second song when it hits tuning because it looks like the subs aren't moving! Incredible.

You guys are causing me so much conflict! I've always wanted a ground pounder build and typically they're lots of cone area with lots of power.

I always thought 18s were the easiest way to achieve this, but that last video was just nuts!

that is actually due to frame rate and how the camera shutter is working.

Stop looking @ t/s parameters, the box is what will make the sub play low, period. The T/S might give you an idea of what box to put it in, but performance comes from the box. For lows like stated, look for 10" spider subs with a good amount of motor force, and tune relatively low. Tuning below 29-30 is pointless in my opinion, and tuning @ 18 is a waste.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Subs with 10" spiders will allow for more cone movement and mechanical clearance. Things like Fi SP4s, sundown zv4s

You had me at SP4 :P

Posted

Rodger that, I'll start looking at subs with 10" spiders (or close to it.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3281 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...