Inetba Posted July 11, 2015 Author Report Posted July 11, 2015 That SP418 is a MONSTER! Way too good to be true. So what's wrong with it?
Inetba Posted July 11, 2015 Author Report Posted July 11, 2015 Been messing around with WinISD and the SP4, this thing absolutely CRUSHES the lows!
Kyblack76 Posted July 11, 2015 Report Posted July 11, 2015 Haven't ran a driver with out a 10" landing in years. Like almost a decade. Loved my sp4's loving the motor and coil on the ascendant's even more. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SnowDrifter Posted July 11, 2015 Report Posted July 11, 2015 That SP418 is a MONSTER! Way too good to be true. So what's wrong with it? That you don't have one? Hah ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
lutkeveld Posted July 16, 2015 Report Posted July 16, 2015 You can actually see on the second song when it hits tuning because it looks like the subs aren't moving! Incredible. You guys are causing me so much conflict! I've always wanted a ground pounder build and typically they're lots of cone area with lots of power. I always thought 18s were the easiest way to achieve this, but that last video was just nuts! that is actually due to frame rate and how the camera shutter is working. Stop looking @ t/s parameters, the box is what will make the sub play low, period. The T/S might give you an idea of what box to put it in, but performance comes from the box. For lows like stated, look for 10" spider subs with a good amount of motor force, and tune relatively low. Tuning below 29-30 is pointless in my opinion, and tuning @ 18 is a waste. When you take a sub with high Qts and high Fs for example, you can't 'compensate' with box design. It'll drop off early and be peaking in the low end It's not only box design, nor only t/s params. It's a combination of both. If I were OP I'd get a Dayton RSS390HF, easily reaches 15Hz. You can even shelf the response and utilize cabinet gain to almost get in the single digit region. Throw a couple of hundred watts and a subsonic filter at it, you'll be ballin''
Ninja_v1.0 Posted July 16, 2015 Report Posted July 16, 2015 i just turn the volume up to 33 and let the bitch eat When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Inetba Posted July 25, 2015 Author Report Posted July 25, 2015 Sorry for raising an old thread but I thought I would update. I had an old box I built with an adjustable port and I decided to, just for giggles, tune my old 15 to 28hz. It has absolutely no issues going down to 18 hz, it really is the enclosure that makes the difference.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.