Yup Im a moran!

Name calling shows how your level of majority.

I even said in my first reply that chances are the person lied to you, and you said No.

So if the person didnt lie to you, then the only option left is accusing Steve of selling used products as new apparently.

Your no different than the guy that made a unboxing review of the dd-1 paused the video to remove the screws and then claim it had no screws holding it together while making childish remarks through out the video.

just to let you know bro, if it had a '12 on it, it is not a brand new unit. Unless it sat on his shelf for that long without being used. I mean i just bought a 2014 F150 that was brand new so it CAN happen ;) . But the good news is, it is probably in perfect condition right? How are your CD's? I got extra's if yours have scratches. There is only a 1 year warranty on the units but i will NEVER turn away a free repair, even to a 2nd, 3rd or 5th customer in the change of ownership, so long as it wasn't ran over with a truck or otherwise abused. If a component inside fails, even if it's a few years old, i will personally take care of it for you. The only real part that gets damaged is the probes. People lock them in the terminals and then try to walk away with it still inside the amp....thus ripping them inside. Other than that failure rate is almost non existent.

to answer the original question, NO i don't sign them all. Only when requested. I think i have them offered on Ebay with a signature (no extra charge of course).

but you are in good hands regardless of the age. In fact the lower the number the better! Like fine wine! We have sold almost 7,000 units so there is some history involved here :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Just bought a new-ish DD1 and it has Steve's scribble on the back. Also, he wrote " '12 ", so I'm guessing it was signed in 2012? Steve? This one was supposed to be brand new never used.

I instantly smell fishiness due to the fact that one of your own threads was WTB Reconditioned-BStock-Returned-Used DD-1.

I get the feeling that the product or Steve is trying to be slandered over a product that you yourself didnt even buy new and got second hand (new in box or not unless you where there when the original owner purchased the unit (which Im sure you where....) there is no real way to tell)...

Uhh yeah. I wanted to buy a refurb or used DD1.....because they're 99 frickin dollars refurbed. So what's fishy about that? I openly said I bought it used from a 3rd part

So which one is it? Was it new or used? First post you say it was supposed to be new. The Post after that you say you openly said you bought it used

The person you got it from lied to you.. Please post his name so I can make sure I buy nothing from him

So which one is it? Was it new or used? First post you say it was supposed to be new. The Post after that you say you openly said you bought it used

The person you got it from lied to you.. Please post his name so I can make sure I buy nothing from him

I said "new-ish" because it was advertised as new never used, but was from a random 3rd party. I know how that goes. A) I'm usually not eligible for warranties B ) Maybe they really did use it once or twice (which I'm fine with). But once you guys replied and it became clear this DD1 is ~3 years old, I just called it used. Paying $140 for it, when a brand new one is $150..... yeah. Bah. I don't really care anymore. It's in pretty good shape. I was just shocked to find a "new never used" unit that was made in 2012. Ya know?

just to let you know bro, if it had a '12 on it, it is not a brand new unit. Unless it sat on his shelf for that long without being used. I mean i just bought a 2014 F150 that was brand new so it CAN happen ;) . But the good news is, it is probably in perfect condition right? How are your CD's? I got extra's if yours have scratches. There is only a 1 year warranty on the units but i will NEVER turn away a free repair, even to a 2nd, 3rd or 5th customer in the change of ownership, so long as it wasn't ran over with a truck or otherwise abused. If a component inside fails, even if it's a few years old, i will personally take care of it for you. The only real part that gets damaged is the probes. People lock them in the terminals and then try to walk away with it still inside the amp....thus ripping them inside. Other than that failure rate is almost non existent.

to answer the original question, NO i don't sign them all. Only when requested. I think i have them offered on Ebay with a signature (no extra charge of course).

but you are in good hands regardless of the age. In fact the lower the number the better! Like fine wine! We have sold almost 7,000 units so there is some history involved here :D

Appreciate the reply Steve. And I highly appreciate the support you offer for the DD1. My disc is in good shape. I ripped it to my computer already, just in case I break/scratch the disc at work. I'm sure the DD1 will work perfectly for years, but it's nice to know you're there for us should we need you.

I'm not going to call the seller out. First, it wasn't done through the SMD forums. But second, it was sold as a "I bought it and never got around to using it" type of deal. So it IS possible it just sat in someone's drawer for 3 years and then they sold it. It would be random and unlikely, but entirely possible. The DD1 is in good shape and works fine, so I really don't have a leg to stand on. It is what it is. I have a great unit and we're moving forward. B)

Edited by firebirdude
smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I said "new-ish" because it was advertised as new never used, but was from a random 3rd party. I know how that goes. A) I'm usually not eligible for warranties B ) Maybe they really did use it once or twice (which I'm fine with). But once you guys replied and it became clear this DD1 is ~3 years old, I just called it used. Paying $140 for it, when a brand new one is $150..... yeah. Bah. I don't really care anymore. It's in pretty good shape. I was just shocked to find a "new never used" unit that was made in 2012. Ya know?

Appreciate the reply Steve. And I highly appreciate the support you offer for the DD1. My disc is in good shape. I ripped it to my computer already, just in case I break/scratch the disc at work. I'm sure the DD1 will work perfectly for years, but it's nice to know you're there for us should we need you.

I'm not going to call the seller out. First, it wasn't done through the SMD forums. But second, it was sold as a "I bought it and never got around to using it" type of deal. So it IS possible it just sat in someone's drawer for 3 years and then they sold it. It would be random and unlikely, but entirely possible. The DD1 is in good shape and works fine, so I really don't have a leg to stand on. It is what it is. I have a great unit and we're moving forward. B)

sounds good man. Make sure you use a quality Alkaline battery for best results!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

7,000 units @ 150$ each Holy Shit! Thats like a million dollars not including the price that it cost you to have them made.

7000 units wow!

I ordered cc1 and dd1 same time and one was signed and one wasn't. No biggie, lol. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0