Age old problem need advice

Do you know how much voltage drop you are getting?

Also I've seen multiple people say the eld bypass didn't work.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Do you know how much voltage drop you are getting?

Also I've seen multiple people say the eld bypass didn't work.

Mine is working. I didn't fully explain myself either. I would like to get the dimming to stop but also when I have the volume too high my 300/4 will cut out due to low voltage. I can play the system pretty loud but if I really crank it up I have the problem.

the 1 farad caps work. they dont have to be super caps.. on the test they used a regular cap and yield the best numbers

here is the reason why lights dim... when the bass hits it takes a bit for the alternator to sense that voltage drop. by the time it puts out the amperage its too late. even high output alternators will have light dim. a cap works because it supplies a quick burst of power. a cap releases the energy faster than a battery thats why it helps

What is your voltage starting at and dropping to in numbers?

saying it gets low doesn't help us help you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What is your voltage starting at and dropping to in numbers, saying it gets low doesn't help us help you.

i will take a wild guess and say he didnt tune the gains correctly and is clipping the signal.. i had my stock alternator with a group 78 and 2 group 31 on a DC 5k and i had almost no drop. if i can find the video i will post it

Think you need to realize, some cars lights dim even at mid 13v. Do you even have voltage monitoring when your are bassing?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm