Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design 4 12"W6v2 with 2 4" Aero ports using Torres calc


piccolo

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am building a box for my Lexus is300 sportcross (wagon) and need some guidance. I measured my rear again and again and came up with some pretty solid figures. Everything in the picture is drawn to scale. I tried using the Torres calculator (which I will link) to tune the box. Im trying to use 2 4" aero ports seems like the easiest thing to do. Please let me know what you think of the design and the calculations, any feedback is appreciated.

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/456/eXYCVc.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/251/RL8FVV.png

Posted

Nowhere near enough port area. What you have is a leaky sealed box. Two 4" ports has about 25 sq in of port area. JL recommends 18.5 sq in per sub and depending on the specifics of your setup that number might be low.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Can you make the box any bigger? With 6 cubic feet of net airspace and three 6" ports your ports will need to be about 32.75" long to tune you to 32 Hz.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I can not make the box any bigger at all it is going to take up the whole entire trunk as is. Any sugguestions on what I should do? Maybe I can't do aero ports? Can anyone help me on another port set up if I have to?

Posted

Go with a slot port.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...