Box is pretty much completed, still have to do some trim panels for the front and back but I cant do those until i get the trunk put back together... So that's what i did!

If you're wondering about the front not being completely black, most of it will be covered in panels. i only painted what i needed to.

also, the wire in the trunk will be hidden when that gets a trim panel also, just temporary for now.

WP_20150903_18_11_15_Pro_zpsjcaicd7r.jpg

WP_20150903_18_12_03_Pro_zpsf4k8fswr.jpg

WP_20150903_18_28_36_Pro_zps8zd8jkbh.jpg

Just working on things while im waiting on more funds to come in...

Got an idea from a build i saw not to long ago so i started to attempt it. still need volt meter and a few more buttons... also need to get the plexi a little darker or paint the backside where any light isnt supposed to come through.

temporary_zpsp5da4p3h.jpg

temporary_zpsqxilxgln.jpg

temporary_zpsyixmf8lg.jpg

temporary_zpsyq8o6qgv.jpg

temporary_zpsugo8oc7x.jpg

It looks better in the car because its naturally darker environment but still need to do something about everything on the backside being visible.

onto the trunk, ill come back to the plexi dash later...

temporary_zpsdmlo5ma7.jpg

temporary_zpsjg1p67lo.jpg

temporary_zpshespw5nr.jpg

temporary_zpsi57zihkf.jpg

temporary_zpsywocf9fu.jpg

temporary_zpsm7ejrkeu.jpg

Trim panels are mocked up, im terrible at getting pictures of finished things... i have an idea for the center of the trunk so it wont be just flat just need more money and time.

• 3 months later...

Its been a while since ive posted on here...
Ive been busy with my snowmobile, tis the season right?

for anyone who cares it started out as a 2001 arctic cat mountain cat, i have converted it from a 144" track to a 153" track from a 05 M8 with a camoplast maverick 2.5" track along with other mods like weight reduction and currently building a custom seat.

temporary_zpszuoowd4w.jpg

Now back to the audio!

worked on the front trim panels, dont have any pics of it finished yet...

temporary_zpsbghiobkn.jpg

temporary_zpsx7vzwiz0.jpg

Cleaned up the wiring under the hood just enough until I get an xs power battery for under the hood as well as the trunk.

temporary_zpsqw2m8evn.jpg

temporary_zps8qofs6q0.jpg

temporary_zpsunpyzrgn.jpg

temporary_zpsvakebutp.jpg

temporary_zpsoapijlew.jpg

temporary_zpsc1pclxl0.jpg

temporary_zpspurfqwry.jpg

temporary_zps6xxk67ya.jpg

temporary_zpssmrkq0oh.jpg

and some sneak peak...

before.

temporary_zpsr4ye9zh0.jpg

after

temporary_zpsieshfp1e.jpg

This isnt my first time dying an interior, I did detailing for about 5 years and picked up some tricks to make it look and feel oem for the people who think this will look tacky...

I recently got a promotion at work so I got some goodies recently as an early Christmas gift that will help out with getting this project finished up!

I missed my touch screen radio that I had in my Durango and I wanted to do a tablet in my dash so I did some research...

I found a company (EONON) that makes OEM style touchscreen radios that run android. I was skeptical about the build quality at first but dang... check these pics out!

I already tore it out of the packaging used for shipping (which was nicely wrapped) but here is the box.

temporary_zpshl6u3vgj.jpg

everything in the box including a GPS antenna, WIFI antenna, MIC and some other items specific for my car.

temporary_zpsrclpks1q.jpg

temporary_zpsrfw40bk7.jpg

and this is the main part of the harness... this really impressed me, its already wired up COMPLETELY for MY specific car.

It even has the CAN BUS decoder and its pre wired to convert my factory AUX input to rca's and an adapter with power for my antenna...

temporary_zps1iuvec0m.jpg

This thing looks so clean! and it was super easy to install!

temporary_zpsmmnlfzkd.jpg

temporary_zpsrg9qscxb.jpg

It also comes with the torque app pre installed, I happened to already have a wireless OBD2 adapter for my car which is needed for this to work.

temporary_zpstqpwdzao.jpg

Its running the full version of android 4.4.4 KItkat with some extras added in for car functionality like a radio tuner, navi and extra settings for my car.

So far im pretty impressed with the quality.

Its a downgrade on audio quality from my 80-PRS of course but I plan on using my ARC Audio XEQ and amps with this. I had a similar setup in my Durango and got pretty good RTA scores out of it especially for being a spl based vehicle.

Archived