Sonic Electronix

Anyone still make affordable butyl rubber deadener by the roll?

Peel and seal sucks ass. i used some on my trunk lid and the stuff fell off after only 3 months in the early summer and had to wait for winter to try and remove the doors after putting the stuff on. It is the worst stuff to try and remove with any kind of heat as the stuff just makes a gooey mess all over everything, i went and got some real butyl deadener that worked amazingly well compared to P&S, just do yourself a favor and get the real stuff the first time cause, you will regret it trying to get the old asphalt shit off.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Peel and seal sucks ass. i used some on my trunk lid and the stuff fell off after only 3 months in the early summer and had to wait for winter to try and remove the doors after putting the stuff on. It is the worst stuff to try and remove with any kind of heat as the stuff just makes a gooey mess all over everything, i went and got some real butyl deadener that worked amazingly well compared to P&S, just do yourself a favor and get the real stuff the first time cause, you will regret it trying to get the old asphalt shit off.

Well it's too late now. It's installed and the interior is put back together. It's not what I would use for my car but he liked all the reviews. And based on the good things that have been said I dont blame him. Not to mention 24 hours in and its working exactly as planned. Well just have to wait and see. I personally have used eDead with great success so I will continue to use 80 mil rolls of butyl deadener until I have a bad experience. So far it looks like the only company left still selling it is Fat Mat so thats probably what Ill use.

Back in 2007 this argument was the same. Everyone bashed eD and suggested the most expensive 'sponsored' company that wasnt Dynamat. All the while tons of people were successfully using asphalt and roll butyl mat. Myself included.

Current Setup : Nothing
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Something along those lines.

thats fine man, but i look at it like this, i can run a run of 1/0 front to back for my amp, or i can run 45 runs of 24 gauge. Both work. one is right.

You notice Only a couple comments here mentioned a brand to use we just all mostly said don't use asphalt based crap.

There are plenty of good butyl deadener's out there and none come on a roll.

Maybe you should find out why it's best for it not to come on a roll before you go on not knowing why and just stating that it works fine.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You notice Only a couple comments here mentioned a brand to use we just all mostly said don't use asphalt based crap.

There are plenty of good butyl deadener's out there and none come on a roll.

Maybe you should find out why it's best for it not to come on a roll before you go on not knowing why and just stating that it works fine.

I started the thread asking where to find butyl on a roll. The reason is because its much less expensive and in my personal experience it works great.

I was a noob once.

One of the things I learned is that roll butyl turned my Grand Prix into a tank. No flex and the only rattle inside or out was the windshield wipers.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

I've used peel n seal before on doors...never came off..no smell (in Florida heat for 2 years)...but i stopped using it, why? Because it costs MORE to use it. Peel n Seal is so thin that you need like 3 or 4 layers just to get the same thickness as real deadening. It is all just an illusion that peel n seal is cheaper. If I do you do it all over I would never have used any peel and seal...would have some extra money in my pocket too...

I've used peel n seal before on doors...never came off..no smell (in Florida heat for 2 years)...but i stopped using it, why? Because it costs MORE to use it. Peel n Seal is so thin that you need like 3 or 4 layers just to get the same thickness as real deadening. It is all just an illusion that peel n seal is cheaper. If I do you do it all over I would never have used any peel and seal...would have some extra money in my pocket too...

Well Im glad to hear the product worked for you. But 3 rolls of 12.5 sq ft peel and seal was 48 dollars. 37.5 sq ft of many other products would have cost 3 or 4 times that. Maybe I could have gotten away with 1 layer of another brand and fell out to the same money but Im not certain of that.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

No reputable sound deadening butyl rubber will ever come on a roll. Anything that is on a roll was previously a roofing product re branded.

3 layers of a roofing product still will not deaden as good as ONE layer of high quality butyl rubber product like Second Skin Damplifier Pro.

Here is a nice video of what to expect when you go cheap and buy Asphalt roofing materials for your car:

But if you ignored all these guys and their greatly helpful information then you most likely don't care to hear tips/facts from us either.

Good Luck with your project, and always remember less quantity of higher quality product works much better than more quantity of a low quality product. Out gassing harmful vapors and melting tar should be left for the ROOF of your house :shok: not the inside of your vehicle.

You sound pretty childish for a rep of a company. I'm in sales too and I never bash the decisions other people make when they buy. I just hope it works out okay. Congrats on losing any future business I personally may have come to you for.

Actually, they were pretty mature about it. And they didnt once bash you, just stated the facts. Thats ok. Im sure they wont lose sleep over you not buying their products. Most of us know that its best to buy quality stuff, so we will stick with just that.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Well Im glad to hear the product worked for you. But 3 rolls of 12.5 sq ft peel and seal was 48 dollars. 37.5 sq ft of many other products would have cost 3 or 4 times that. Maybe I could have gotten away with 1 layer of another brand and fell out to the same money but Im not certain of that.

dude stop trust me you are not gong to win this battle here.... this horse is dead shot run over and shot again lol

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived