sbg Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Ok so I had a build on here for my old ford focus, but moved on to better things, just picked up a real nice 08 hhr. And today I can get a pair of custom built 21" subs at crack head price. What size box should a pair of 21 be in? 18cuft? And do you think it's possible to do behind the seat of a hhr? 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
hispls Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 21" woofer is appx the cone area of a pair of 15's so yeah, I'd say 16-24 cube (net) depending on the subs would be nice. Do pay attention to what you'll have left for port area. A lot of guys buy subs that will work in their airspace then wind up with no way to arrange them in a baffle that allows for a nice fat port. Mind you, this is assuming you don't want back seats. I don't think there's a chance in hell you'll get that much volume in the cargo area of a "compact SUV" style vehicle... not after proper wall thickness, bracing, batteries, amps.
Karkov Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 How wide is the back of the HHR? That's gonna be tight I would think. I saw a pair of 24" in the back of a Tahoe (full size SUV) and it literally took up the whole space with no interior (after box thickness). Granted you are talking 21" but those HHR are pretty small. I can post a picture when I get home tonight. What subs?! SHD? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
sbg Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Posted August 23, 2015 How wide is the back of the HHR? That's gonna be tight I would think. I saw a pair of 24" in the back of a Tahoe (full size SUV) and it literally took up the whole space with no interior (after box thickness). Granted you are talking 21" but those HHR are pretty small. I can post a picture when I get home tonight. What subs?! SHD? Frankin woofers. They have a 4" voice coil with a 3" winding hight and a 7" former also they have a dual progressive 10" x 4" D stiffness spider. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
sbg Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Posted August 23, 2015 Motor is 400 and some oz , that's about all I know. Yep but is small in back. I'm pretty sure I can't do it. Looks like I only got around 17 cuft with out displacments... 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
Jessica Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 you cant do it behind "C" pillar, and yeah, as small as those HHR's are the interior beauty panels are hella thick and waste a lot of cabin space. Maybe pull one off and see whats behind it. You might gain some room. You might do one of them in a ported enclosure. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
RooTxBeeR Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Might want to get some T/S specs on those to help with that decision. You don't even know what box those subs might like yet. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Might want to get some T/S specs on those to help with that decision. You don't even know what box those subs might like yet. This. Without T/S specs all you can do is guess as far as what box specs would be appropriate. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
RooTxBeeR Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Might want to get some T/S specs on those to help with that decision. You don't even know what box those subs might like yet. This. Without T/S specs all you can do is guess as far as what box specs would be appropriate. For all he knows the EBP could be a whopping 10 lol. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
hispls Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Might want to get some T/S specs on those to help with that decision. You don't even know what box those subs might like yet. This. Without T/S specs all you can do is guess as far as what box specs would be appropriate. For all he knows the EBP could be a whopping 10 lol. With a large motor and stiff suspension it would be safe to guess low q and low-ish FS just from the mms. Going with DD type box ratio perhaps tuning on the low side would likely give good results I'm guessing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.