FI BTL On Bc3500 Help!

Post pics of sub/box setup in the car.

Also you should get your gain set right and make sure the sub is wired correctly with no loose connections etc.

gonna pull the sub out of the box today and take a look at all the connections and take some pics

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and if you arent dropping past 13v on only a stock alt, i can guarantee you are not seeing full power. staying over 13 would mean you have not even dipped into your battery reserve, and with only a 150 amp alt, theres no way you could power your cars electrical needs, and a 3.5k amp. honestly with a stock alt it should be easy to drop into the 12s or even 11s. depending on your reserve bank.

exactly what i was thinking... in my last car on 2400rms with just one 2000 up front and a 130 amp alt i was seeing mid 11s for voltage

so for an update.. i tried the box tuning tone and came up with between 32-34hz, also I messed around with my HU settings no changes... i turned the gain and bass boost to 3/4 for one song and voltage still does not drop below 13v which really tells me something is up.. ground looks good, rear battery is brand new, speaker wire looks good... any ideas guys?

post pictures of amp controls, more than likely it seems like some setting either on the amp or possibly on the radio. where is your volt meter connected?

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Let's do a whole system trace and see what we com up with.

Alright, so the amp is getting power yes?

And amp is getting turn on at the remote?

And amp is powering the subs, just not as loud as it should correct?

Ok, so from here, lets chase your input signal to the amp.

First off, are you using the remote knob for the amp? If so, make sure it is cranked to the max on the remote knob.

Then is the Radio stock or aftermarket?

If aftermarket, what voltage are the preouts?

When I had that amp, I tuned it at either the -5 or -10db track with the dd-1, with a HU that had 4V preouts.

If you have 2V preouts, then the gain would be roughly half of what it should be compared to the 4V, however keep in mind that gain is not linear.

If stock and using a Line Out Converter(LOC), does that converter have a gain setting for it?

Does the LOC or HU filter out music below a certain frequency?

Have you checked to make sure the Low pass filter isn't cranked the wrong way?

I'm running out of ideas of stuff to test after that.

agreed with above its got to be one of those, im leaning more towards the problem either being with the LOC settings, or the amp settings getting mixed up. more than likely the LOC

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

going to pull the box out today and triple check the sub wiring, it really has to be a loose connection somewhere, there is no way Im only dropping 1 volt on full power im thinking one of my jumpers fell off of the sub itself and im running a 4 ohm impedance @ the amp

A dmm would tell you that very easily

X2 just get a dmm and you won't even have to pull the sub

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8