Would this be considered as a good ground ?

i like that option but would there be anything simplier ?

Run a negative wire from the front to the rear battery and ground your amps at the rear battery.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Use a dmm and measure the resistance between that point and the front battery.

My guess is it's high which is no good.

If however the resistance is real low you are fine.

so i use the multimeter and put the probes one on the ground spot and the next on the negative terminal of the battery ? what reading would be considered as too high and low enough to be suitable ?

Use a dmm and measure the resistance between that point and the front battery.

My guess is it's high which is no good.

If however the resistance is real low you are fine.

so i use the multimeter and put the probes one on the ground spot and the next on the negative terminal of the battery ? what reading would be considered as too high and low enough to be suitable ?

From that spot to the negative on the front battery since that's where it wants to return too.

.5 ohm or less but as low as possible is what you want.

If it's over .5 ohm it's no good.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

how should i go about rectifying this ? best options ?

personally I like one of these welded to a good spot

SSLUG40_325w.jpg

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/installation-accessories/set-screw-terminals/sp/set-screw-40-gauge-ring-terminal-ground-lug/

You can weld aluminum to steel?

:hi:

the path of least resistance from battery to where you ground through the frame/body is only equal to a 4awg wire at best... it gets worse with the new silent metal that ford is using.... if you use a power wire larger than 4awg then it is best to add a matching ground path.... jl audio had an article on this but I cant find the post online anymore.... doug from soundman had a link to it on his forum 2 years ago and it was a good eye opening read!

Archived