Sonic Electronix

Wanting to upgrade, where to start?

What are the specs for your box? Also what subs? Building a box to fit the subs can make a world of a difference than them being in a prefab. Not saying yours is just stating that.

Already suggested that a different box may give him the db's he is after. His reply to my post ^^ "I said daily listening, nothing about dbz."

Just to clarify, he wants a louder daily, mainly his subs. So if we could help him out by making his subs louder, but keeping the dbz the same, that would be awesome!

-Frank

First, welcome to the forum! Second, We need more info dude. What subs exactly? What's your electrical look like as it stands? Specs of current box and max space u have to work with? Budget? Year of your Tahoe?

Once we have this we can help you out further...

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Frank I think he thought you meant just a burp box is my guess.

OP once more info is posted we will be able to give you all the answers you want. Vehicle, budget, type of music you listen to, and others people posted suggestions.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I'm just trying to figure out what Rockford 15" subs handle 7k each daily.

And potentially a 10k each.

Honestly I think it's a troll.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I guess we will figure it out if he replys

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

banda viking 7k's. Not a troll. I know of this guy... from a few facebook posts. Had a cateye Silverado with a SLICK below the windowline kicker setup.

not actual RF subs, well kinda but not really...from my understanding...

wall that fucker. you're in TX, and I realize it's a big place... Daniel Powell with JECAR in Dallas or Gerado Chaparro with LoneStar Auto Works in Houston... they can make anything loud and very aesthetically pleasing. I know you know jeff and david, and the other Team SPA guys aswell.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Sorry guys for the slow reply I've been super busy.

Ok Kickers and Silverado are old hat whoever remembered that. I now have a 2003 Z-71 Tahoe and Rockford 15 subs. They are old and idk the model but they aren't punch or power or any of that stuff.

I have most of my charging from when I had the truck, including an upgraded alt, stock alt, and some Deka batteries.

Box currently is 10 cubes gross. I have up to 14, but I've had these subs previously in 16.5 cu cross and they seem to behave better now, so I don't think larger is the way to go.

I'm thinking either more power and just getting two more of these guys and then getting more power, but wanted options.

Yes I thought the one suggestion about gaining dbs was for burping/competitions which is not my intent. I want to keep a wide bandwidth but hit the entirety of that bandwidth even harder without losing any form of "sq" I may still have.

Stupid. Loud.

Archived