Second Skin Audio

ultimate confusion, mixed answers, not sure what to do

holtzer1

For peak spl you are building what's called a burp box.

It's going to perform very well at a very small frequency range and poorly everywhere else so no its not going to sound good with any music.

You got the right idea with two different enclosures.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's probably what I will do then, he's not competing non stop, just a couple a year. No big deal to swap em out. I'm gonna run his current enclosure this time around in a couple weeks to see what it will do with more power, then build something else and see how that pans out. Thanks for all your help guus...it's appreciated

Jeremy, what everyone is saying is correct. There's no mixed answers. They are answering your specific question to get to your specific goal.

You can't have best of both worlds without a trade off. It's like having a top end fast car. You can't have a top end fast car without having shitty bottom end, it's the trade off. People always want "Both". I like the old workout analogy as well "I want to be buff and cut". Can't happen, it can either be one or the other.

Anyway, decide what "trade off" will suit what you're after or go with a bigger system to fix either trade off.

-Frank

Possibly.

You'd have to work that out with a designer or by yourself in a modeling program such as winisd or hornresp.

If he's going to compete seriously though he's likely going to build new enclosures all the time so I would build a good daily one and then play around with different ones for comp purposes.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived