Joe X Posted September 5, 2015 Report Posted September 5, 2015 I did run them inverted in that box and they sounded horrible. New enclosure neaded. At 35 hrz It's odd that the ABs sound horrible in the box the SAs were but let me re-check my data, according to my records your last box was 7.2 net @33Hz.
81000D Posted September 5, 2015 Author Report Posted September 5, 2015 Correct . The last box rocked with the SA's just not the xfl's. I tried them inverted and standard and they just sound off. I also want to move up to 35hrz. I do love the box design though.
Jeremy Holtzer Posted September 6, 2015 Report Posted September 6, 2015 I'll be watching this one as well, we currently have 2 xfl 15's in 6.5 (I'd have to measure port) they sound great, but only hit 143.5 on 2k, getting a new amp...gonna shove 3k at them and possibly build a different enclosure
81000D Posted September 6, 2015 Author Report Posted September 6, 2015 Hope he comes through with something even if it's the higher tuning I want. I can build them just not design them.
zxsonnyxz Posted September 7, 2015 Report Posted September 7, 2015 It's probably not the design, might be some other thing if it sounds that horrible. STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.