H/O alt on my expedition

week elec on a expedition

I am jealous. I need duals in my life.

Any idea of who does duals for the 4.6/5.4?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

mla module will help with the pcm, but it will cost you. if you do internally regulated alternator charge light will come on, but voltage will be better.the problem is you already have an externally regulated alternator. mla module will trick your pcm into charging higher voltage, and not dipping into the 12.4s

I am pretty sure I have an internally regulated alt. If it was externally regulated I should have the voltage that I want. If I am wrong please let me know and also how would I adjust it?

internally regulated means its set to charge at a voltage point hot and cold to whatever voltage. externally regulated means its controlled by your factory plug, that says 12.4 is all you need...my alts are internally set at 14.6 cold and 14.3 hot no factory plugs.. hope this helps.

So I could by an internally regulated regulator and it will be set at 14.6?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

Running an h/o alt on the stock wiring only is a big no no, get the big 3 done asap.

I have some wire coming in from Droppinhz so I will see if I can get it done real quick. Thank You.

2/0 OFC for the win!!

1/0 CCA and my pocket will thank me to.

As long as you lay down enough wire to carry the amperage you need you will be fine.

Your wallet won't thank you because you'll end up switching to ofc anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

71D13413-51D2-4C4B-8A66-463C855FE3EB_zps

5D7AE54F-3878-4CCD-BE56-8FDF671680F1_zps

After using OFC for a year now, and comparing it to the CCA I've used in the past, OFC is much worth it, and CCA isn't even an option anymore to me. I live in a humid environment, and the OFC shows almost zero corrosion compared to how often o had to clean CCA.

Im going to change to OFC when I get a more permanent setup.

Im going to change to OFC when I get a more permanent setup.

Why buy wire twice? Especially if you KNOW that you are going to end up running OFC?

Archived