Help on a alarm with a cut off switch

alarms have starter kill via a relay, please specify what your are trying to do b/c your question doesn't make sense as it's worded.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Sorry if my question didn't make sense. My daughter just got her first car & its a Honda they get stolen a lot so I wanted to install a cut off switch meaning when she gets in the car she will have to hit a switch or a button before starting the car but she wants a remote start so I'm asking if you can have both or not

Its kind of pointless.

A decent alarm has a starter disable.

A remote start means your cutting the factory starter wires in half, one half gets feed into the remote start, the other half gets feed out of the remote start.

If you put it on a switch to disable the vehicle from starting, then installing a remote start is pointless since you will have to manually go into the vehicle and flip the switch to on every time you disable it when you want to start the vehicle.

Sorry if my question didn't make sense. My daughter just got her first car & its a Honda they get stolen a lot so I wanted to install a cut off switch meaning when she gets in the car she will have to hit a switch or a button before starting the car but she wants a remote start so I'm asking if you can have both or not

why even do an alarm. to be honest with you alarms only deter the dumb thieves. the good ones will know where to locate an alarm brain and disable it. you should do the old relay trick and pick a trigger for the relay. example... push the cigarette lighter in or engage the e-brake.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Sorry if my question didn't make sense. My daughter just got her first car & its a Honda they get stolen a lot so I wanted to install a cut off switch meaning when she gets in the car she will have to hit a switch or a button before starting the car but she wants a remote start so hI'm asking if you can have both or not

why even do an alarm. to be honest with you alarms only deter the dumb thieves. the good ones will know where to locate an alarm brain and disable it. you should do the old relay trick and pick a trigger for the relay. example... push the cigarette lighter in or engage the e-brake.

exactly thieves are smart now and days & disabled it so what I wanted to if I put the remote start can you use a relay to bypass the cut off switch & turn on the car so when the car turns of or be disabled you will need to hit the switch to turn it on

Archived