SQ'd 6.5" questions

matt-man

Nothing and I mean nothing in your set up is sound quality.... Soundqubed pro audio is the far far from anything sound quality as well

If you are looking for loud and clear almost anything is an upgrade from stock but definitely not SQ please learn how you use audio terminology correctly it help you achieve the answers you are looking for bet

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

Nothing and I mean nothing in your set up is sound quality.... Soundqubed pro audio is the far far from anything sound quality as well

If you are looking for loud and clear almost anything is an upgrade from stock but definitely not SQ please learn how you use audio terminology correctly it help you achieve the answers you are looking for better

Funny, I don't remember you paying for my system. So until you do, DON'T be telling people that their system suck or that it is far from SQ. I worked my ass off to pay for what I have and I am very proud of it.

2003 Kia Sedona A.K.A Bob

2 Alpine Type-R 12's @ 2Ohm

Pyramid Audio PB3818 @ 2Ohm

JVC Arsenal KD-AR565

If you are looking for loud and clear almost anything is an upgrade from stock but definitely not SQ please learn how you use audio terminology correctly it help you achieve the answers you are looking for better

Not everyone means SQ comp. People like you need to stop making that the only meaning of the term "sound quality". When he asked how is the sound quality, he was asking how is the quality of the sound reproduced by those speakers, which is a very valid question with the terminology he used. Sound quality is more than just what you and cableguy(white lightning) and other SQ competitors do for your vehicles. Everything that reproduces sound has sound quality, some better than others. Now go on somewhere.

How did my name get thrown into this ?? I've been nothing but helpful to you brother ...

This is the thanks I get ???

Sound Quality is the Excellence in Every aspect in car audio ... not just sounding good. Nothing overpowers anything and built like a fine tuned race car engine.

If you are looking for loud and clear almost anything is an upgrade from stock but definitely not SQ please learn how you use audio terminology correctly it help you achieve the answers you are looking for bet

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Funny, I don't remember you paying for my system. So until you do, DON'T be telling people that their system suck or that it is far from SQ. I worked my ass off to pay for what I have and I am very proud of it.

Dude, no one is bashing your ride ... those drivers can't put out the dynamics to be considered Sound Quality. There are better options ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Dude, no one is bashing your ride ... those drivers can't put out the dynamics to be considered Sound Quality. There are better options ...

You are telling him his speakers can't put out the dynamics to be considered sound quality(which is a loaded term because I think you, and every one else has their own definition for) but you aren't bashing his choice? I am not a mind reader, nor do I know the op, but I think he was on a quest to upgrade what he had, and you are basically calling what he chose garbage because it isn't X, Y, or Z brand... Maybe I have read this all wrong, and have it twisted. However to me it seems you are being very disrespectful to the op. I understand that a pro speaker, is NOT a SQ speaker, but the op seems only to want to IMPROVE the SQ in HIS ride not win a SQ competition. I believe the QP MR 6.5s' will be a vast improvement over stock. Are they Focals, Rainbows, or whatever you consider the epitome of SQ to be, no. However telling someone that nothing about their system is SQ just seems rude to me. Hope everyone is having a great day, and that op finds what HE likes and wants despite your condescending attitudes.

Something you need to understand sir ... buying different drivers will not fix his problem, he needs to work on his installation too. I have just as much money and time in my install as I do with my equipment Sir ... and btw, I do not run any of those brands you listed.

Op needs to post pics of his ride so we can see what we can suggest to successfully help him out. Not just throwing guesses out there and saying exactly what the op wants to hear ...

Not everyone means SQ comp. People like you need to stop making that the only meaning of the term "sound quality". When he asked how is the sound quality, he was asking how is the quality of the sound reproduced by those speakers, which is a very valid question with the terminology he used. Sound quality is more than just what you and cableguy(white lightning) and other SQ competitors do for your vehicles. Everything that reproduces sound has sound quality, some better than others. Now go on somewhere.
How did my name get thrown into this ?? I've been nothing but helpful to you brother ...

This is the thanks I get ???

Sound Quality is the Excellence in Every aspect in car audio ... not just sounding good. Nothing overpowers anything and built like a fine tuned race car engine.

I wasn't meaning it as an insult to you. Just that sound quality is more than setting up/fine tuning for competition as you and other SQ competitors do. I meant no offense at all. It's just that every time someone asks "how is the sound quality" or "I want to have some sound quality out of the speakers", other members jump on them assuming they're doing a full on competition SQ build, and don't realize they're building for themselves, and want their own sound quality, and say "that gear isn't sound quality equipment, you need to look into this this this." and a ton of other shit.

It doesn't take a bunch of money or high end equipment for sound quality. In the end, it's down to what the listener wants to hear and sounds good to them, what is sound quality to them. Just like SQ competitors go to comps, get judged, listen to the judges feedback, and adjust their setup to how the judges want to hear it. You can take any speaker set, and make it sound good to YOU. It just takes learning and tuning. Some brands sound better than others on less power, some on more power.

from now on SQ will be replaced with ASR.. average sound reproduction.... not everyone can hear everything between 20hz-20khz.... and the words sounds clear is user defined.... i am running clarion SRG1623S Components up front off a Hifonics ZXi80.4 prolly 50rms each and they sound absolutely fantastically amazing and only $50/set and they keep up with 1 dc audio lvl 3 12" just fine

from now on SQ will be replaced with ASR.. average sound reproduction.... not everyone can hear everything between 20hz-20khz.... and the words sounds clear is user defined.... i am running clarion SRG1623S Components up front off a Hifonics ZXi80.4 prolly 50rms each and they sound absolutely fantastically amazing and only $50/set and they keep up with 1 dc audio lvl 3 12" just fine

Sorry brother ... but you simply do not have the post count to be telling us veterans here on how to be giving advice. Was a good suggestion though ...

What sounds good in your personal application is not the end all be all suggestion for every vehicle on this forum.

As I've said many times ... Every application is different.

Without knowing the Op's specific setup, who knows what qill fit his needs. Just throwing suggestions out there causing conflict has about the same velocity as a popcorn fart in a whirlwind ...

Lol I couldn't help but while I was reading your post I kept thinking I've always had more SPL in my Sound Quality truck than you do.

Just saying ... yes, im a Sound Quality competitor but I actually have SEVERAL SPL trophies on my shelves too.

Just wait until you see what's going in Whitw lightning for next season ...

Archived