Knocker Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 Before anyone makes fun of me or calls me an idiot, I'll do it for you. I'm not winnng any fabrication awards anytime soon... I thought I was being clever but it didn't work out like I planned and does not make a tight gasket seal to funnel midbass into the vehicle. It fits tight along the bottom of the inside of the door panel but does not fit tight tight on top (third pic). I probably could have made it better with glue as opposed to electrical tape but am terrified of accidentally getting glue on the driver. If anything I think it might prevent some out of phase inner door reflections from cancelling out certain frequencies but that's about it. I think it's time to order some FAST Rings. Does anyone have any experience with those? Are they as effective as they appear to be?
Deeznutz Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Apply the same material to the door panel side with tape instead of door side. Apply it to the round edge. Shouldn't take much to get a good seal. -Frank
dolarbilz Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Not an idiot for thinking and being creative on your own. Sometimes better to try new.pasrt of the game,trial and error.
Knocker Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 Apply the same material to the door panel side with tape instead of door side. Apply it to the round edge. Shouldn't take much to get a good seal. -Frank Not an idiot for thinking and being creative on your own. Sometimes better to try new.pasrt of the game,trial and error.Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the F.A.S.T. Rings. Here's what I ended up doing.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/jessesnyder6/Mobile%20Uploads/20150917_123531_zpsgofdvrza.jpg[/] I utilized the extra gasket that came with each set and stretched it around the speaker adapter so the main ring would sit properly. It now makes a really good seal against the door panel as seen in last pic .
Skullz Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 I just use some foam on the inner panel to stop any reflection from the inner panel, and just leave the gap between the speaker and door skin. Between the deadener and foam you'll have a really good sounding speaker. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Knocker Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 I just use some foam on the inner panel to stop any reflection from the inner panel, and just leave the gap between the speaker and door skin. Between the deadener and foam you'll have a really good sounding speaker. I see what you mean. Definitely agree that would do the trick. I think the original reason I wanted to do the ring thing was to (hopefully) funnel the lower midbass frequencies into the cabin. Especially since I am going to be using an 18 inch sub and am pretty sure I will need to fill the gap between the sub stage and the mids. I imagine I will probably end up having to get some dedicated midbass drivers somewhere down the line.
White Lightning Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Looks clean Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.