Eb flex Welding Cable

my cuisine works at airgas he told me to compare to audio wire you have to up size like 2/0 welding=1/0 audio wire.I do know my shca 1/0 is bigger then the 2/0 welding he carries

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

my cuisine works at airgas he told me to compare to audio wire you have to up size like 2/0 welding=1/0 audio wire.I do know my shca 1/0 is bigger then the 2/0 welding he carries

1/0 "car auido" is roughly equivalent to 2/0 welding. That's true. Well, the good brands anyway.

The difference between 1/0 and 2/0 is about a 15% increase in ampacity. Or what would amount to an additional .2v of voltage drop @ 300A @ 20ft.

Oxygen content really only has a impact on corrosion resistance,

I can't find any evidence of this. Can you cite your source?

Oxygen is purposely injected during smelting to scavenge impurities.

Not really any legit studies but just educated guesses ive read from people much smarter than me.

Although I've read that copper oxidation is actually conductive as well so maybe it really doesn't even matter.

And what's any of it matter really anyways since we use shit metals to terminate lots of our connections?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Also what does scavenging impurities during smelting have to do with oxidation resistance?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

welding cable is just as expensive as car audio wire.. when you take into account the wire size between the 2. welding wire jacket should be more resistant to heat and oils.

Also what does scavenging impurities during smelting have to do with oxidation resistance?

I'm not sure how to answer that. I only mentioned it for those that didn't realize it was added purposely and apparently has no adverse effect on corrosion resistance.

I can't find a single resource that would indicate the higher concentration of O2 in ETP would accelerate its corrosion. The only thing I *could* find was something called hydrogen embrittlement that occurs somewhere between 370* and 500*C.

That's interesting for those that solder their lugs. Score one more for crimping!

I mean the definition of oxidize would lead me to believe that a higher oxygen content would lead to a faster rate of oxidation how much faster I have no clue but that's what I get from the term.

ox·i·dize

\ˈäk-sə-ˌdīz\verb

: to become combined with oxygen

Full Definition

ox·i·dizedox·i·diz·ing

transitive verb

:to combine with oxygen

:to dehydrogenate especially by the action of oxygen

I would crimp but I don't have a trailer hitch available to do so.

:peepwall:

ofc means oxygen free copper. meaning its free from oxygen. there is no oxygen in the wire. copper lugs corrode when exposed to oxygen.. best wire for corrosion is tinned copper. if its not tinned you have to really cover the wire from oxygen.. i have kicker wire that is silver tinned for over 5 years (8 years to be exact) and no corrosion. ive seen welding wire and regular ofc wire corrode after a few months to a year

my sky high 2/0 corroded from an exposed terminal.. you really need to cover ofc wire thats not tinned

its the elements not just oxygen that contributes to corrosion

Ok, so copper oxidation is actually a "semiconductor". But...

These oxide layers are so thinhowever that for all practical purposes they do not interfere with theconductivity across such layers.

Furthermore... the thin layer of oxidation actually protects the copper from further oxidation. So there's that. I suppose that's a bit like galvanization in that regard.

Archived