Second Skin Audio

So I was thinking...........6th order, now to understand it. QUESTIONS!!!

scooter99

I think what you just described would maybe try to act like a poorly designed bandpass enclosure.

I think rough design would help me picture it better but. What I get out if what you are saying is a bandpass.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can see how you'd think that. I'm just basically trying to duplicate the environment of an SUV. The only difference would be, that there's a cabin wall between the enclosure and the rear seat. I'll see if I can draw something rough out for you. Kind of hard at work, they cut our facebook abilities, so I'll have to try and put it up some other way.

Ok let's see if this works. Lol

Ok so it worked. In this first picture I drew a quick drawing of the differences. The top drawing is the SUV. See the enclosure right behind the seat, subs up, port back, and then the back wall/gate of the SUV with the roof etc. Open air.

The bottom drawing is the truck, with the rear window removed, the shell on, shell window removed so it's open air between the cabin and bed shell. That would be sealed up. My thinking is, it would be too much, to just put an enclosure in there, and do a port back sub up configuration even though it would be open air between the two areas. I think it's too much space outside of the enclosure. Am I wrong?
20150916_111856.jpg

So to fix that, if I am wrong, then my thought was to essentially build an inner shell as wide as I can around the enclosure, to act as an SUV environment. In this drawing you can see the enclosure, I removed the bed side in the drawing so you can see it, and then around that enclosure there is an inner shell, separate from the bed shell. In reality it will be sealed on all sides, and then there's the window opening that would be open. I think there's maybe 3" from top of the window to the top of the cabin. Not much. Then the only other difference between the two (truck and suv) would be that there is a cabin wall behind the back seat in the truck and there isn't one in an SUV. If I was to do more subs, I build a bigger shell to account for the depth added to it from the enclosure.
20150916_112009.jpg

Does that help with what I'm asking?

I know this guys isnt like that, Ive seen better pics now and its blown through at the bottom.

11891066_688648911270761_404876867809236

I like that design though, I was thinking of something along those lines not too long ago myself. I dont use the bed of my truck for much these days, basically a seat in the driveway and a place to chuck beer cans :)

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

20150916_112009.jpg

Does that help with what I'm asking?

I would think your window opening would be acting like a port as well. Like a 6th order

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Ok, well thanks guys. That's exactly why I was asking. Hmm, may still try and do something like it, and see where I go with it. We'll see, just stuff rolling around in my head. Lord knows I have enough still to do before I get to that point.

I have to update my build log. I got my HDMI Breakout boards yesterday, so now I can get back to work on that project.

Thanks everyone!

There's a guy 95_c1500 or something that did something kind of like this. Port through rear window.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived