Jump to content

8V RCA ouput headunit/4V amp RCA input?


Recommended Posts

Posted

per channel...so each side of the RCA? 1+1=2. Am i right or no?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

It should be perfectly fine then.

More preout voltage = less overall distortion

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Tried disk B, track 8 1K test tone.

RFX8140

Left 4.25V

Right 4.27V

Looking at the Old School Stereo video, it's per channel. I still think 12V vs. 14.4V makes a huge difference.

I will test with the Jimmy running tomorrow, since she has a 320A alternator and see where I'm at!

-Frank

Posted

I used to run a Fosgate 800a4 with dual 8g power inputs. I too have never heard of using the 2nd power/ground input for a cap. I guess it wouldn't surprise me though. I'm sure they're the same hunk of terminal on the board. I always wondered why they did that vs just have a 4g input...

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

I have the RFX-9420 with 8 volt pre outs and never had a problem with it because of to much pre output.

Posted

Here is what I was talking about.

Screenshot_2015-10-01-23-02-35_zpsriz6mv

Also, I started the Jimmy 14.14V at the battery, connected the 8140 and still 4.27V out of the right channel. 1K test tone. I guess that's it for that test.

-Frank

Posted

not now, it is put up in storage with the rest of my Fosgate source units. Maybe I can get it out on Sunday and try

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...