Sound deadner

jessdabest77

Its been said but to clarify (and this is from my own research and my own paraphrasing so take it in stride) (also most of this is on the soundeadenershowdown website)

CLD (Constrained Layer Damper or sound deadener) = adding weight to the panel to lower the resonant frequency

MLV (Mass loaded vinyl) = Adds weight but is primarily used for killing standing waves (different types of MLV to different things better or worse)

CCF (closed cell foam) = kills rattles, as in sound coming from two peices of plastic or metal touching/rubbing each other

SecondSkin also has a product called luxury liner which is awesome, and I am really mad I didn't buy it in the first place...I bought some DB3 MLV product and its a pain in the ass to work with. Also luxury liner seems to be more like a urethane product where its super pliable but also heavy.

I sound like a secondskin add...I would go with a budget priced CLD or deadener and then get luxury liner and call it good. Also there is an awesome product called green glue that you could look into as well to help decouple panels.

(I could argue the 100% coverage point but it really doesn't matter and who the hell cares. Do whatever works for you the best, and each car will be different)

However no matter what happens remember Kyle is always wrong. No matter what. Also I heard that blazers as super quiet. :)

I'll vouch for the second skin, great stuff. I'm already ready to put in another 16 sheets.

There is a website, don't remember who or what but they have a really comprehensive guide on whataterials you want and where, and have a shitload of specific models of cars that they have recommendations for. But basically the point is there are multiple types of product and you need to know what to use and how.

Ok,I ended ordering some B stock Second Skin. They took there time to talk to me and if it's good enough for Steve Meade,it's good enough for me,lol.

Smart Man, Glad we could help you with your order. If you want to add Luxury Liner Pro on top of the CLD just give us a call anytime and we will work with you for a sqft amount and a great price!!! Also don't forget next month is our BEST sale of the year Black Friday/Cyber Monday so if you are waiting on that sale you won't be disappointed.

Second Skin For The Win!!!

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Also check out or garage section any time you need sqft help. We have added customer product orders and vehicle types from the past few years and they are all in the garage section for help with install amounts. Just remember these are all customer and shop provided info, it is only there to help ESTIMATE the amounts you may need for you project. The best way to know for sure is measure your own vehicle with a tape measure, but these 185 vehicles will help you get a rough estimate for most vehicles. Check it out here and use the browse feature to sort through the makes and models http://forum.secondskinaudio.com/index.php?/garage

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Second Skin FTW!!!!

Yeah, theres some "nice" looking stuff but it's sound deadener, you don't see it after everything is put together anyways. Also, IMO Second Skins new stuff looks pretty bad ass. There is only one brand of deadener I use, for sure.

I know you already ordered but like others said you dont need total coverage to be effective.I tend to go with a high quality product applied where its most effective and then I'll cheat in some places by using stuff that I'll leave unnamed from big box stores to fill in some gaps or go over certain areas ;) So if you find yourself coming up short you can cheat a little but I tend to do 100% coverage with about 70% or so "real" stuff and then fill in as needed with the other stuff in less than critical areas.

Archived