Sundown Audio

Sundown Sa8 not at full potential

Im in no way recommending you to do this but back when I had my sierra I was running a sa8 v2 on an ab 100.1 @ 1ohm and it straight got down on 1500w

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Im in no way recommending you to do this but back when I had my sierra I was running a sa8 v2 on an ab 100.1 @ 1ohm and it straight got down on 1500w

I still remember what the sub looked like after haha. Or was the the aa8?

Please do NOT take offense, I'd throw that box away. The craftsmanship looks pretty sketch. I'm not sure if that is silicone or drywall mud on the outside but it shouldn't be there. I'd rebuild with better cuts next time and a well fit/built box.

Regarding your issue, regular cabs for do well with the windows up. You lose all kinds of output when you seal them up. Adding a second sub would definitely be the easiest way to get louder.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Please do NOT take offense, I'd throw that box away. The craftsmanship looks pretty sketch. I'm not sure if that is silicone or drywall mud on the outside but it shouldn't be there. I'd rebuild with better cuts next time and a well fit/built box.

Regarding your issue, regular cabs for do well with the windows up. You lose all kinds of output when you seal them up. Adding a second sub would definitely be the easiest way to get louder.

none taken. The box is pretty solid. Inside and out. It fits perfectly behind my seat. I can still put my seats all the way back. I think I'm going to get another sub and place one behind each seat. Ported of course. If possible. It sounds amazing with the windows down. Windows up its just missing something

The box doesn't look very solid but if it is acceptable for you I guess that's all that matters. The guy that built it, does he have any prior fiberglass experience or skills with a saw?

Edited by CleanSierra

Regarding the sealed up dilemma, just FYI my regular cab truck does a 150+ at the headrest and I'm lucky if it does a 147 sealed up. Regular cabs are just that way man, if you want louder sealed, add power or number of subs

Edited by CleanSierra