Good work man. Any reason you don't use the RCA's?

Excited to see how that little powerhouse performs.

I made the little harness for a failsafe just incase somethin goes wrong with the RCA's. I made sure the amp turned on today, but I didnt test music on it. didn"t fell like disconnecting the other amp again.

Thanks. Just waiting on either an install kit or some supplies and I can get this thing wired up. Would it be ok to wire my front and rear speakers to each channel? Better explanation, Front and rear driver side speakers to one channel, and front and rear passenger speakers to the other. The front speakers have a different power handling than the rears, but both sets are 4 ohm.

Are they the same series speakers?

I briefly had mine Rockford in my 96 chevy wired up that way, and quickly got confused with the sound stage. Were Kicker DS65's and DS460's in the rear.

Theoretically, yes you could. Wouldn't recommend it unless they are all the same speaker.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Lookin good man, great pics.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Are they the same series speakers?

I briefly had mine Rockford in my 96 chevy wired up that way, and quickly got confused with the sound stage. Were Kicker DS65's and DS460's in the rear.

Theoretically, yes you could. Wouldn't recommend it unless they are all the same speaker.

Unfortunately they're different series. I'll have to amp just the front speakers for now until i can get either all new speakers, or just a set of DS65's from kicker for the soundbar. Thanks for the info!

Lookin good man, great pics.

Thank you! Should have more updates soon. Most likely the amp install or rear speaker relocation. We'll see.

nice jeep! and the work also looks good so far keep the updates coming!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Sorry guys, nothing for today and probably nothing tomorrow unless the amp kit I ordered magically came with overnight shipping. The kit is an IMC Audio (idk, never heard of them) from eBay. Figured I'd try it and let some people if there is any quality to a $13 "IMC Audio 8 Gauge Power wire Amp Amplifier Install Kit Blue". On the bright side, it comes with a 2 year warranty. Makes me wonder if they'll back it up.

Thanks for all the replies and compliments! I appreciate it!

Archived